“Superb French cuisine!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Superb French cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We went to Le Cezanne early this week invited by friends who have been here before. It was an increadible experience! The food was superb. My wife and I both have the same dish, lamb. Probably the best lamb I have ever had.
The service was great and charming environment. For dessert we had the apple tart that they drench in calvados and set on fire tableside. It was to die for!
Great selection of wines and the prices for the dishes were very reasonable for Munich standards.
Summary: great service with a personal touch, fantastic food, nice atmosphere, priced right.
We will be back althiugh we live across town the food is worth the trip on the U-Bahn

85% Recommend
CHICAGO
“Some of the best French food we have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We live in Munich part of the year and this is without a doubt our favorite special restaurant. Run by a husband and wife, the atmosphere is pleasant, quiet and intimate. The cook has worked at 3-star Michelin restaurants and each dish is prepared perfectly with fresh ingredients. His wife is the server and is so friendly and helpful. Nice wine list. In the winter you must try his soups. Be sure and save room for the apple tart for dessert which is made only once you order it. Can't go wrong here.

• Visited July 2011
Munich, Germany
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Visited here on a Friday night. We did have a reservation but the place was not packed. The food was delicious with an interesting choice and lots of fresh food.
The service was also friendly and personal.
Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2011
toronto
“Best restaurant during my 16 day stay in Munich, Krakow and southern Poland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I found this place in a travel guide and thought that I would try it out as I felt like having some French cooking. Wow was that a great choice. So much so that I went back a week and a half later and again it was very good. The first time I had the sea snails as an appetizer and then rabbit as a main course. The secon time I had an appetizer of tuna carpaccio, steak tar tar and avocado soup. This was fantastic and I just had to take a photo of it. The main course this time was sweetwater fish in a cream sauce favoured with herbes de provance.
The desserts are great too.
It is owned by a German woman who serves and her French husband. who cooks. What a team. Great service and great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“You Must Dine Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Neither my wife or I are raving French food fans. However, this restaurant was rated as a "Find" in the Munich travel book, and given that it was my wife's birthday, I decided to try it. We arrived, were given a nice window table, and started with a great bottle of wine. One of the menu options was a "Chef's Surprise" - a five-course dinner in which the chef will make whatever he decides he wants to make. Since neither Mary nor I are competent to evaluate all the other options, we decided to take the surprise.

Oh. My. Goodness. Course one was a Seafood Mousse. The second course was Salmon Tartar. The third course was white fish dish. The fourth course was a rabbit dish. Course five was a creme brule-esque dessert. I apologize for not giving you more spot-on definitions and descriptions; I am not a gourmet. But I can tell a culinary masterpiece when I taste one, and I promise you that this is what you will experience, too.

I cannot give Le Cezanne any stronger recommendation than to say: I could eat at this restaurant every day of the rest of my life.