“Great location, simple room, breakfast ok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Garni Schlossblick

You added Hotel Garni Schlossblick to your Saves list
Hotel Garni Schlossblick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schwangauer Strasse 7, 87645 Hohenschwangau, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hohenschwangau
Poitiers
“Great location, simple room, breakfast ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Located in front of Neuschwanstein Castle, with possibility of leaving its car parked all day long free of charge: only that it is enormous. The value for money is completely correct. Breakfast is completely correct. The staff is pleasant and nice.

Room Tip: The appendix situated back ti the principal is more quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I booked this room thru Booking.com. I was aware of the limited hours to check-in and informed the hotel that I would check in around 8 and 9 pm. Check in stops at 8pm. Train was delayed due to a fire. I called hotel and informed them and told them that I wouldn't get there til 10pm. The lady got upset and complained to me that I was making her life hard because she has been up there since 6am. She told me to cancel the room so she can go home, I told her that if I did that then I would not have a place to stay. She told me to not come and just stay in Fussen a town nearby where the train stops. I asked her for a hotel that had rooms and she said that she didn't have time to look and that I should just walk around and I'll find one. I told her that I had luggage and I was with my wife, and we had no idea where we were going. All she did was complained that she wanted to go home. Needless to say she said that if we came by she would not be there and we would have no room there. So me and my wife arrived in Fussen and we walked around for about an hour with our two big bags and two small bags trying to find a room. All rooms were booked, after an hour of looking we finally found one more then 10mins by cab from the train station, for twice the price that I expected to pay for. No apology from the lady. Was planning to stop by the hotel while visiting the castle but the hotel had already ruined by trip and didn't want them to ruin my visit to the hotel. Will fight any charge they put on my card, and will be calling to speak to the manager when I get back home. Pls do not stay here don't give them your hard earned money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Tidy basic room with great view from balcony (balcony itself may need a small repair), great value considering how atractive the locality is and great starting point for discovering area of Hohen Schwangau. average breakfast and quite early end of check-in(8pm).

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Location, location, location. That describes this hotel. From our balcony we had a terrific view of Neuschwanstein Castle. The room itself was basic. Nothing fancy. The balcony door was broken so we could only open it as a door not a window.
The room is to sleep in. What's outside is why you are here. The staff was VERY helpful especially as we left. They warned us of a traffic accident on our route and gave us an alternate route that was very easy and enjoyable. Breakfast does not begin until 7:30 and we had an 8:00 Castle time so we needed to rush. I would suggest you get a castle time a little later so you can enjoy your breakfast. There is plenty of parking and you can leave your car all day while you explore.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Staff were very friendly. The room was basic but very clean and spacious with a great view and an outdoor area. Breakfast was also basic, but of good quality. Location and parking were also very good. Moreover the value was amazing.

Montevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's a 5 minute walk to the centre of the town where the ticket centre, the shops and restaurants are located. The room was ok, nothing fancy, but we had a balcony from where we could see both castles. It was clean and comfortable.

The breaksfast is good, with many options to choose from. The staff is helpful and friendly.

It was a very good choice for our stay in Hohenschwangau.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to the castles!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel isn't updated or remodeled, but the location and view from our balcony were well worth it. The hotel is sitting in the foothills of the mountains with castles in view. We only stayed for one night and were out visiting the castles and museum all day, so we didn't need anything fancy for a room. It had two beds and a bathroom. Everything seemed old in the room. Not dirty or gross, just not updated, but that's okay. We had the most amazing view from our balcony though. Our room was in the building behind the main building. The balcony looked right out at Neuschwanstein so we were able to see the sun rising on the castle in the morning. It was gorgeous. For only 89 Euro, it was an amazing deal. They had free parking and we were able to walk to all of the attractions we wanted to go to. Breakfast was included and tasted good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the castles. It worked for us!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Garni Schlossblick? Share your experiences!