“Worth just for the view” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Worth just for the view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had dinner here during our stay and the view on the lake is fantastic, the service is extremely nice and friendly, but the food is definitely lacking in quality and the prices are much too high for what the food is...

overall: 7/10, but the food gets just a 5.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had just come out of the Museum of Kings (well worth a stop!) which this is attached too with two hungry kids. Decided to stop for food as the location is amazing. At first we didn't realize there was a children's menu until the waiter brought us all the menu's. We were very pleased that there was a menu for the kids! Food was amazing! Loved it so much, we ate here twice.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fantastic Setting..inside or out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The night we arrived in Hohenschwangau we went for a walk and passed this restaurant's menu posted outside..after reading it we knew where we would be having dinner the next evening. We arrived at around 7 pm and were sat outside at a nice table with incredible views of Lake Alpsee framed by the mountains that were reflecting in the lake's clear water.
Service was quick and friendly.
I ordered the Vienna Escargot Soup for appetizer and I'm pretty sure it is the BEST soup I have ever had...I could have had 2 more bowls. My partner had the special appetizer of Essence of Pumpkin Soup..very earthy, savory, and good. With our appetizer we had a nice glass of proseco.
As we started our appetizer soups the sun was setting and it began to get quite chilly. The waitor offered to bring us blankets but we decided at these prices we did not want to shiver through our meal or drape ourselves in blankets so we asked to be moved inside the restaurant (no one was seated inside and outside there were only 2 others tables dining). They did move us inside but I felt it was an inconvinience to them as their attitudes changes slightly as if they were annoyed by this request and the move.
Once we were inside though in our own LARGE private dining room (there was just one table in the room) with contemporary furniture, paintings , lit candles, a large window with views of the lake, and easy background music all seemed fine and good and our waitor was nice and pleasant. Both entrees we ordered off the menu are no longer on it as their menu changes pretty frequently. I had Quail stuffed with Foie Gras...two quail who's little bodies were somehow completely deboned but that managed to stay in form were stuffed with rich foie gras and covered in foam of a vegetable or cranberry (I cannot remember) and a polenta cake. Incredible!! My partner had Gnocchi of spinach and tomatoes with grilled mini pepper and pine nut sauce...delicious. Since our hotel was just a few hundred feet away we each had 2 or 3 glasses of wine that were paired well with our meal. We left full, happy, and.... a little wobbly.
Great setting (inside or out) and great food all made this a very memorable meal. Will come back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful view but just ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nothing to complain about the view but I must say the food quality could be better...fair price for tourist attractions

Los Angeles, California
“Tasty food, but skimpy portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was at this restaurant twice, once in the morning for coffee before visiting Schloss Hohenschwangau, and once at midday for lunch before visiting Schloss Neuschwanstein. The restaurant is a few dozen steps from the lake, and the view is very nice if you can eat out on the terrace. We were there in February, so it was too cold to do that.

My morning café au lait was very tasty, but unfortunately, as is the case in Germany, there are no free refills like back home.

For lunch I ordered the special, which was bratwurst, roast potatoes, and a salad of mixed greens, along with a Coke Zero. My girlfriend and I had been in Germany for over a week at this point and were getting a bit sick of not getting ice in our drinks, so she asked for ice and we got ice! Yay!

The bratwurst was excellent, as was the accompanying mustard. The potatoes were very good, and the salad was especially tasty. Alas, the portions were skimpy, especially considering the price. I expected a second bratwurst and at least double the amount of potatoes. Luckily, I'd had a large breakfast. I finished up with an espresso, which was good.

Visited February 2014