We stayed there this past weekend for a Welcome Home Military Ball for my husband who just returned home from a deployment. Our FRG had previously arranged to have us get the best rate possible as long as we provided the group discount code. Upon calling I was told the room would be $114 a night (typically for our rank it is $85 without any discounts) when I asked to speak to the manager he informed me only higher enlisted personnel were eligible for a discounted rate and lower enlisted would have to pay the difference in order to cover the cost of the use of the ballroom and if I didn't like that I could pay the cost of one nights stay cancellation fee and stay elsewhere. Only after I informed my husbands command, was I allowed to receive the discounted price but I was still required to pay an additional $25 to use a ballroom- I found out later that was not supposed to happen either. On top of that, the breakfast buffet was cold and flavorless, Zuggy's food was nothing more than Sysco products plated- the cheesecake was rancid and the ice cream was melted and refrozen. This hotel has gone drastically down hill from our stay there last summer. Highly disappointed in the new management and the lower food quality.
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Hotel
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Resort Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long revered as one of the most desirable destinations in the Bavarian Alps, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area is an idyllic location nestled at the foot of sweeping Alpine vistas and home to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Just 56 miles from Munich, 34 miles from Innsbruck, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is located in the heart of Europe. ... more less