While stationed in Germany, I visited Edelweiss three times within a year. My only regret was waiting until our final year overseas to finally experience this great hotel and amazing location. The rooms are so adorable- warm and cozy and perfectly decorated for the region. The hotel is always looking spotless and well-maintained. (Go during the winter holidays to see spectacular decorations!) The many amenities are well though-out and overall, a good value. Some things are better done on your own as you can save some money. The food at the lodge is delicious- especially the pizzas and Snickers pie at Zuggys, and anything at the fancier restaurant (can't recall the name right now). The massage services are wonderful- I had a pregnancy massage when I was about 7 months along, and it was the best thing EVER. The horse and carriage ride is a nice way to see the charming town, though taking the bus is also a wonderful option. The tour to Neuschwanstein was a great value since I didn't want to make the drive on my own. Check out the Eibsee and rent a paddleboat in summer for an incredible scenic afternoon.
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Hotel
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Resort Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long revered as one of the most desirable destinations in the Bavarian Alps, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area is an idyllic location nestled at the foot of sweeping Alpine vistas and home to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Just 56 miles from Munich, 34 miles from Innsbruck, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is located in the heart of Europe. ... more less