We booked this as we wanted a hotel with a pool that was fairly close to the station and close-ish to the skiing.
The location was probably the only positive about the trip.
The pool was ridiculously cold - apparently it was 27 degrees - the internet tells me this is the temp one would expect of an swimmers training pool, not what one would want for relaxing on holiday! When we questioned this at reception we were greeted with an exceedingly aggresive "its at 27 degrees" - yes, well this is too cold - and we were not the only people to attempt and fail to use the pool.
Then, having pre-paid the whole trip i returned home to find an extra night had been taken from my credit card, and by the time this was refunded the exchange rate had changed so I am still out of pocket!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming and full of hospitality in a terrific location and a countrified quiescence, but still close to the centre. Let yourself be enchanted of the heavenly scenery with a grandiose view at the Wetterstein-Mountains with the Alpspitze and the Zugspitze.From here you will get to do all the sports activities and you have a short way to the congress house, the spa park, the casino and the 800 meters distant Olympia Stadium.You park in front of the hotel for free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your H+ Hotel Alpina Garmisch-Partenkirchen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treff Hotel Alpina Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Alpina Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen