“Perfect Location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TREFF HOTEL Alpina

You added TREFF HOTEL Alpina to your Saves list
TREFF HOTEL Alpina
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alpspitzstrasse 12, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bavaria, Germany   |
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Perfect Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I loved this hotel. The rooms were spacious, updated and spotless. It was about a block from the center of town so it was quiet. It was so nice sitting on our balcony overlooking the Alps! The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast buffet had lots of choices that were fresh and delicious, in fact, the highlight of our stay! It was very convenient and the staff spoke English which made it easy for us too. We would definitely stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed here with 2 friends for a long weekend. The breakfast buffet was impressive in its range and taste. I ate lots of pretzels with joy as well as other goodies like different egg and cheese choices, smoke salmon, breads, fruit and yogurt and musli, etc. My non-vegetarian friends had lots of sausage and meat choices as well. The room was pretty big with a nice door to outside. We spent a little time by the indoor pool and one evening in the sauna/steam room facilities which were very large. The atmosphere was slightly Catskills lodge like in Dirty Dancing, but the staff was amazingly gracious in their Bavarian outfits and smiles. Everyone spoke good English and gave directions and suggestions when needed. I would recommend this. Look for online deals. It wasn't backpacker cheap, but reasonable for 3 people to split and a great location to get to town, the buses and train.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here because the room we booked at another hotel was unavailable due to roof problems. That hotel booked us here, and we were skeptical, but found the room size, balconies and views, and central location were much better than where we booked. This was my second favorite room during an eight night trip around Franconia and Bavaria. Everything except the weather was perfect. I loved the balcony overlooking the garden with a beautiful view of the snow covered Alps. Breakfast was great, and the staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

After reading Trip Advisor reviews and comparing to other hotels in Garmisch, we chose Treff Hotel and I'm sad to report it was not nearly as wonderful as the TA reviewers claimed. I was traveling with business colleague so we reserved two rooms. He chose the "single" and I did the "double" thinking it might be bigger. My double reservation stated it was "spacious room with balcony". After checking in, my colleague found his room to be a smaller than US standard single bed in a very small room. It was just one night so he wasn't complaining. On the other hand, my "double" room ended up being two single rooms with a shared bathroom and common area. They gave me keys to both rooms so I did not have to worry about sharing the bathroom with a stranger, but it was quite odd and the rooms/beds very small. We joked that I was "upgraded" to a 2 bedroom suite. LOL. This hotel is old and had strange odors throughout. The locks on doors were all different and did not give you good sense of confidence they would stop anyone from entering. Worst of all, my room smelled like sewer. When asking hotel to move me to another room, they claimed hotel sold out and all they could do was give me free dinner or 20 euro discount on room rate. They did send maid to wash floor of bathroom and spray air freshener plus put a stick up air freshener next to my bed. It was really bad. I ended up keeping door to my room closed as well as door to bathroom...and in bathroom left the window wide open. It is possible I was not my day and I was having bad luck, but even if the room didn't smell like the toilet spilled over leaving nasty waste, it still was far from what I thought I reserved. And...the closest thing to a balcony was stinky smokers balcony about 20 meters down the hall. All that said, if you get lucky with better room and don't mind strange smells, the hotel is short drive to the Hausberg lodge & ski lifts...although it is a very long walk (~1K) so you need to drive. Staff was very nice and did try to accomodate.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
VolkerLux, Manager at TREFF HOTEL Alpina, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Mr Lee,

first of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Volker Lux and I am the general manager of the TREFF Hotel Alpina. I would like to point out that I put very high importance on all guest comments and therefore would like to thank you for spending the time to write one – even if you critisize us. I do not want to mention all of the details again, but i feel very sorry for the occured disadvantages. Unfortunately I did not have the time to meet you during your stay however it would be a great pleasure for me if you decide to spend again your holidays with us.
Please be so kind as to contact me directly in case of booking a room again in the
TREFF HOTEL Alpina Garmisch-Partenkrichen.

For further questions or inquiries please do not hesitate to contact me anytime under the Email: garmisch@treff-hotels.de

Yours sincerely

Volker Lux

Travelers are raving about these Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels

Darnestown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The Alpina is a traditional Bavarian hotel located near the center of Garmisch. It is convenient to the train station, and main taxi stand, and is an easy walk to restaurants and shopping. The rooms are larger than most Bavarian hotels, and the included breakfast is terrific offering freshly cooked omelets, local cheeses, breads, and meats. The restaurant serves great Bavarian food, and there is a bar in the lobby as well. The staff at the Alpina, from the GM to the desk staff, were all outstanding--friendly, helpful, and fluent in English. There was no request that was not handled with efficiency and courtesy. The view is also incredible. One downside is the lack of reliable wireless Internet access. You must purchase a card to log in, and not all rooms get a decent signal. There is a PC in the lobby which you can use for free. If you are going for an event at the Edelweiss, the taxi is about 9 Euro, or you can leisurely walk it in about 25 minutes. I would not hesitate to stay there again, either for business or family travel.

Room Tip: Check the wireless signal in your room before you commit. Rooms facing the back have a great view o...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel. Rooms are big and very clean. Beautifully decorated for the holidays. There is just such a cozy feel to this hotel! Morning breakfast was very nice too! We usually stay in the US military hotel Eidleweiss. It was booked this time so we stayed here. Love the US hotel, but this was a wonderful surprise!

• Stayed November 2011
Norman, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

In September I was staying in this hotel and enjoyed it very much! It's a typical Bavarian building matching in style to the town that looks like an illustration to old fairy tales. The rooms are of decent size with big windows overlooking the mountains. It's clean and comfortable. The stuff is very friendly. They serve good european breakfast. On negative side I have to note that they do not provide such toiletries as shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, etc. But it might be a common case in Germany. Internet is also overpriced (5 euro/hr). The town is small and location is not an issue. Their business center is an old PC in a corner of a lobby. The closest Airport is Munich and the train station is a walking distance, though I'd recommend to call a cab if with luggage.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to TREFF HOTEL Alpina? Share your experiences!