My husband and I stayed two nights at the Quality Hotel Koenigshof during our recent holiday in Germany. First off, if you are visiting Garmisch and coming in by train or planning on going skiing, this hotel is right across the street from the station. The staff was very helpful, even checking conditions on the Zugspitze for us. Our room was very large, clean and we had a large deck which overlooked the mountains. We were also provided a 2 day free bus pass which we used to get to the ski jump, which was the site of the Olympics when Munich hosted. My husband convinced me that we should ride to the top of the mountain. After he paid I saw our mode of transportation. It was basically a beer can that we rode in to the top. I was nervous but once off our "can" followed closely along the mountain. The views were absolutely amazing! Such fun and only 9 Euro per person after 3pm. The next day we went to the top of the Zugspitze. We caught the train across the street from the hotel, very convenient. The Zugspitze was amazing, really something to see. We ate at an Italian restaurant down the street from the hotel, called Da Renzo. We are from Chicago and honestly, this was one of the best pizzas that I have ever eaten! The inclusive breakfast at the hotel is like brunch in the US. They had eggs, bacon, you could squeeze your own fresh orange juice, delicious! The hotel has a beautiful sauna and the front desk will even provide you with an auf gus. I really enjoyed Garmisch and our stay at the Koenigshof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hotel Königshof Garmisch Partenkirchen. The Hotel Koenigshof Garmisch is centrally located between Garmisch and Partenkirchen at the foot of the Zugspitze, Germany's highest Mountain.The Hotel is centrally located: the best for shopping, parties, the train station and the ski bus is within walking distance. All alpine activities, you can easily and conveniently start from the hotel. Take pleasure in the snow while skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing and sledding. Extensive hiking paths of all levels for the family to professionals, playing golf, horseback riding, swimming in crystal clear lakes and discover the cultural treasures of the Bavarian castles world. Or simply enjoy the tranquility, the healthy air of the Bavarian Alps and the magnificent views of the Wettersteinmassiv.We look forward to meeting you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Koenigshof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Quality Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen