“Great hotel, staff & location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Koenigshof

You added Hotel Koenigshof to your Saves list
Hotel Koenigshof
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St Martin Strasse 4, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bavaria, Germany (Formerly Quality Hotel Koenigshof)   |
Skokie, Ilinois
“Great hotel, staff & location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Quality Hotel Koenigshof during our recent holiday in Germany. First off, if you are visiting Garmisch and coming in by train or planning on going skiing, this hotel is right across the street from the station. The staff was very helpful, even checking conditions on the Zugspitze for us. Our room was very large, clean and we had a large deck which overlooked the mountains. We were also provided a 2 day free bus pass which we used to get to the ski jump, which was the site of the Olympics when Munich hosted. My husband convinced me that we should ride to the top of the mountain. After he paid I saw our mode of transportation. It was basically a beer can that we rode in to the top. I was nervous but once off our "can" followed closely along the mountain. The views were absolutely amazing! Such fun and only 9 Euro per person after 3pm. The next day we went to the top of the Zugspitze. We caught the train across the street from the hotel, very convenient. The Zugspitze was amazing, really something to see. We ate at an Italian restaurant down the street from the hotel, called Da Renzo. We are from Chicago and honestly, this was one of the best pizzas that I have ever eaten! The inclusive breakfast at the hotel is like brunch in the US. They had eggs, bacon, you could squeeze your own fresh orange juice, delicious! The hotel has a beautiful sauna and the front desk will even provide you with an auf gus. I really enjoyed Garmisch and our stay at the Koenigshof.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

This Hotel is well situated, but it has definitely seen better days. It has a stale look and smell about it, immediately evident in the reception area. We had a standard double room on the third floor, and it was tiny and very poorly laid out. They charged an extra 10 euros for parking in the clumsy parking area below.
The Internet was available, but the receptionist warned that it was not reliable – and had been that way for months! Admittedly the accommodation was not very expensive, only 88 euros including breakfast, but the overall experience was not gratifying. Not recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Natick, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel is rated as a 4 star hotel. Although I think of it as more of a high 3 star. The service and the breakfast are both fabulous. The room was not very big actually we had a room with balcony, the balcony was just about the same size as the room. Best part of the hotel is the price only 88 euro with a wondeful breakfast. The location is wonderful too. It is near the train station and only a 10 minute walk from downtown Garmisch.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
robandkimmeek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed in this hotel from 13-19 February 2010. I reserved two rooms and requested that they be next to each other as one was to be occupied by my wife and I, and the other by my daughter and her partner. Firstly the two rooms were not together (250 and 235). The difference between the two rooms was also immediately apparent. 250 was a comfortably large room with a balcony and mini-bar. 235 had no balcony, no mini-bar and was the size of a shoe box with a bed tucked into a corner where the person sleeping on the inside would have to climb over the other person to get in or out of bed. When I reserved the rooms I expected that they be of similar quality. If this is not the case then the cost of 235 should be a lot cheaper than that of 250. Also on the negative side the TV services stated were not available and the rooms were overpoweringly hot and dry with no way of regulating the temperature other than, in the case of 250 opening the balcony door, or in 235, opening the window onto a busy road. I did approach the man at reception to request a change of room for 235, if not immediately, then at least in the next day or so as we were staying for the week. He looked at me as if I was mad to suggest that one of the rooms was not up to my standard and refused a change on the grounds that the hotel was fully booked. This was clearly not the case as there was a big ‘rooms available’ sign at the entrance to the hotel. Also we would have been happy to wait a day or two until somebody checked out. He would have none of it and his attitude verged upon the downright rude. On the plus side the hotel was well situated close to amenities and the restaurant and breakfast room were excellent. We did not use the sauna /solarium so I cannot comment on them. I would however, regardless of my problems with my room allocations and quality, recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Koenigshof? Share your experiences!