“Great guy!” 5 of 5 stars

0049-8821-9260053
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello everyone! My name is Jake Doherty. I am the owner and operator of 'all things garmisch.' After studying history at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta I moved to Bavaria and never left! I have been a tour guide, event planner, and vacation organizer for the past 9 years! I would LOVE to show you the beauty of my adopted home so check out our website!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Great guy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We're a family of 5 who was visiting Garmisch and other parts of Bavaria. Since our hotel wasn't offering a tour to Salzburg, we got in touch with Jake. Jake was very prompt, very knowledgeable and very easy to get along with. We highly recommend Jake and if ever we go and visit Bavaria again we will surely call Jake to be our tour guide.

Visited July 2012

Hunker, Pennsylvania
“Great trip made better by meeting Jake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I found Jake through the conceige Christian at the Reindel's Parenkirchnerin Garmisch-Partenkirchen ( Best kept secret 5 star hotel for the $). Checked Jake out on the internet and made initial plans via email. My wife and I were traveling with friends on their first trip to Germany. Jake was able to accomodate all of the group requests. He is an excellent guide, travel companion and knows all those special places only an excellent tour guides can fine.
Jake's knowledge of the German cities, culture and history amazed us. His beer garden tour and German feast are excellent and should not be missed. Our only regret was that we did not have more time for Jake to plan addition special tours for us.
We were unable to get back in time to a shop in Garmisch one day and had to leave the next day for Munich. Jake went into town the next day picked up the gifts we needed. Jake then met us for an a last minute city tour in Munich and to deliver the items.

Cannot say enough for the manner in which Jake handles his business. You meet as a client and leave like an old firend who cannot wait to get back to the next adventure Jake plans.
Joe & Polly C.

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
“Great storyteller, gracious host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was visiting Munich for work and stayed one extra day to get to know the city better. I decided to hire a guide to maximize my short time there. I was so happy to find Jake -- he was the epitome of tour guide professionalism -- knowledgeable about the city's history, gracious and accommodating, and best of all, an entertaining and compelling storyteller.

I had the good fortune to be in Munich during the first week of the famous Christmas Markets, and Jake designed a walking tour that would enable me to take advantage of the seasonal attractions while also taking me into the nooks and crannies of the city's center with tales of intrigue, religious legends and fascinating history.

I highly recommend Jake -- it's clear he loves his job and he shows a genuine desire to make sure you have a great time.

Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
5 attraction reviews
“Phenomenial Tour Guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you want a tour guide in Bavaria that will accomodate your particular interests, tastes, and needs, contact Jake at All Things Garmisch! He is a weath of knowledge about this area from the history of the area to the best places to eat and drink! We skyped with Jake and told him about a few places we wished to see, and we not only saw those, but many additional things of interest in the area on our way to and from the sites we selected. As a part of our days with him, we stopped for lunch at the best restaurants, where Jake translated the menu for us and gave us great suggestions on what to order. All meals were outstanding! The best thing about our tours was the fascinating stories that Jake told about the history of Partenkirchen, Munich, and the other small towns in the area that we visited. He has the unique abiltiy to relate information about history in a very interesting way that makes it come alive! I only wished that he sold Cd's of the stories he told so i could have relistened to them and shared them with friends and family as we looked at all the fabulous pictures I took on his tours! My friend and I especially loved our visit to Neuchswanstein Castle, Ettal Monastery, the walking tour of Partenkirchen, and Munich and all the awesome cathedrals and gorgeous scenery in the area. One of the highlights of the trip was the Brewery tour, and I'm not even much of a beer drinker. Wolfgang, the master brewer at Griesbrau in Murnau, where Jake took us on the Brewery Tour, was a charming and informative host. We learned a lot about the brewing process, while sampling the various kinds of beer, and (with a little help from Jake), were able to receive our certificate, as well as a delicious Bavarian meal! Jake even arranged for sweet and sour red cabbage to be served because I had mentioned on a previous day's tour, that it was one of German foods that I hadn't had yet on the trip, but that I had looked forward to having! We had such a good time on this tour that i even learned to enjoy beer! I even bought some of Wolfgang's special Christmas Beer Liquor to take home for the holidays! I highly recommend that you book a tour with Jake if you are planning a trip to Bavaria. I guarantee you will have a fantastic time and will come home with many wonderful memories!!!

Visited November 2012
Lake Ozark
“Missouri couple visits Germany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

In October, 2012, we were in Garmisch for a few days. We stayed at one hotel with plans for touring the sights on day trips. Our hotel offered day trips that didn't always include the itinerary we wanted. Specifically, day trips to Munich and Salzburg. Fortunately, we found All Things Garmisch and Jake. He made some suggestions and we set the dates. Both trips were wonderful. Jake uses the travel time to fill you with background and history. Upon arrival, he expertly weaves you to the better known "sights" along with some unique and interesting stops along the way. His timing is expert. Just as he relates a piece of history, lore or legend, he stops at a footstep, a crypt, or a plaque that is the exclamation point to his story. He picks great restaurants and tailors to your specific desires. We enjoyed his insight into all things German - culture, farming, economy, education and lots more. We could have done the trips independently, but we couldn't have done it so efficiently or left with such an appreciation of the history of Germany. Plus, Jake is good company. A great sense of humor and warm and engaging personality. We hope to return to Germany someday. The first person I would call is Jake. You should too!

Visited October 2012