We stayed for one week in January and really enjoyed the place. It is with modern decor but it still has a cosy ambience. Rooms are not large but quite comfortable. The pool/spa area is great. We had the lovely experience of swimming in the connected outside pool while it was snowing. A visit to the nearby bunker and museum is strongly recommended as is a visit to the town of Berchtesgaden. You are literally located on the top of a mountain and thus isolated so a short taxi trip is required to get into the town. Also I suggest that you book in advance for the little Bavarian restaurant in the hotel as it is inexpensive, very good and rightly popular. The resort is only 30 minutes away from Salzburg so it is easy to get to. It is worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Berchtesgaden Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Intercontinental Resort Berchtesgaden Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Intercontinental Berchtesgaden
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending harmoniously into its natural environs, InterContinental Berchtesgaden Resort lies 1,000 metres (3,281 feet) above sea level on Eckerbichl. Views of the Alps stretch in every direction, with Mount Watzmann striking an impressive pose. Lake KÃ¶nigssee, the historic Dokumentation Obersalzberg and the city of Salzburg are a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Berchtesgaden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.