Yesterday evening I returned to my home country still longing for the atmosphere, the genuine friendliness, and service provided by the Hotel Alpenhof.
This was my second stay and far from the last.
From the moment you arrive in the historical, majestic yet cozy town of Berchtesgaden any expectations will already have been met. The scenic beauty and traditional German ambience is present as far as the eye can see.
At the moment you arrive at the Alpenhof, you will enter an almost perfectly tailored hotel to the vacation you are embarking on. The decor is unique with a mixture of modern to vintage tradition to country chic.
You will be greeted by any number of VERY friendly staff. We were greeted by Sylvia who never fails to smile and emote warmth and genuine courtesy. The hotel offers a lunch or tea time in the afternoon hours and she invited us right away to relax and unwind upon arrival.
The dinners are not to be missed, and we feel like old friends after only the second visit!
Mira, Christin, Anna, Patricia we will never forget the wonderful conversations and joy you bring each and every day! We can't stop talking about it..to everyone here at home!
Being of mostly of German decent, I am learning to speak the language on my own, and they made it even more enjoyable and were so helpful and patient!! Although everyone speaks English clearly.
You will not want to leave, and it was with heavy hearts packing our bags and departing after only 6 days there. The dinners are amazing and full of flavor, the chefs do a first class job and my compliments to all those who work in the background because you are ALL FIRST CLASS!
The Aplenhof rooms are very comfortable (we stayed in the suite with separate living room area and couch), the houskeeping staff is WONDERFUL, as the sheets are crisp, the down pillows and soft and super comfortable. The decor to me is Bavarian, with wood beams and Euro color scheme which is inviting and again mixing a traditional German style with a modern look. The bathroom is more modern with the water being hot and the showers strong! The towels are crisp and absolutely fine.
Foreigners, typically the US guests, should remember, you come here as an ambassador to your country, this is not the Ritz Carlton in Manhattan, it is clean, comfortable, stylish and VERY friendly. Skiiers would feel right at home.
The inclusive breakfasts are NOT to be missed. Individual delicious karaffes of coffee are provided to you at the table. The scrambled eggs mixed with various sausage or ham are lecker! The breads, rolls, donuts, pastries...simply delicious! The juices are fresh and wonderful. The cereals, jams-jellies, fruits, cheeses all are just great.
The owner Stefan has welcomed us as friends from the moment we met and is always available for advice or just to say hello. One day, I overstayed my parking time at the nearby Lake Konigsee, and Stefan easily helped me with this as dilemma!
Speaking of which, the beautiful Lake Konigsee is just down the road, in walking distance in fact (maybe a kilometer or two?).
Do not hesitate to book your stay here, you will not be disappointed and I am writing this as someone who appreciates hosptality, yet privacy and being treated with courtesy and friendliness..The Alpenhof NEVER DISSAPOINTS!
- Also Known As:
- Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Alm- And Wellnesshotel Alpenhof
- Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof Hotel
- Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are already existing many extravagant 4-star hotels. And all of them outdo each other in architecture and facilities. The Alpine hotel Alpenhof falls out of the ordinary with its exeptional offers and its special familiar ambiance. The special way to relax and enjoy makes the Alpenhof to an outstanding place of rest and peace. We call LUXURY our unique location and the dreamlike tranquility. We wish you a lot of fun while exploring our on-line offer and do not hesitate to ask us any open questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.