“Artistic History.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Richard Wagner Museum (Wahnfried)

Richard Wagner Museum (Wahnfried)
Richard-Wagner-Strasse 48, Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
Madison, Alabama
234 attraction reviews
“Artistic History.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The home and final resting place of Richard Wagner is not altogether that impressive unless you take into account his notoriety. During my visit there were droves of people, from independant walking tourists to large groups receiving guided tours. Wagner's home is impressive as are so many from that era but it was not open to the public during my visit in April 2012. I was unaware that Wagner and his wife were burried on the grounds until I had already left so I immediately returned to investigate. While I believe I found their resting place without much fanfare, I was delighted to find a rustic marker for what I believe is the grave of the Wagner family cat. Anyway, I had a good time and this attraction should be included in any Bayreuth tour, particularly for lovers of music.

Visited April 2012

Out Islands
173 attraction reviews
“a must-see, but currently closed until 2013, so go and enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

the garden and the grave of RWagner and his wife Cosima, plus the grave of his dog, Russ.

Visited August 2011