“Authentic Thai!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Davenport, Iowa
“Authentic Thai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Sai Thai is authentic Thai food (I lived in Bangkok for a few years), reasonably priced, good value. The owners, a German husband and Thai wife, are very friendly and helpful. You can order in German, English or Thai with no problems. Ingredients are fresh, curries fresh, and all the Thai staples are served, including a good sam tam (green papaya) salad and laab (meat salad), dishes that other local places don't usually have. They will make dishes as bland or as SPICY as you want! Although the restaurant looks small when you walk in, there is nicer seating upstairs, too.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fast and Fantastic, finally Thai I like in this town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have lived here for about 3 years. I have tried many Thai places in town and none has reminded me of the excellent ones I've had in the states or in Asia. This is as close as it gets in Ansbach for sure. And FINALLY, Pad Thai is on the menu! We did takeout and it was FAST! Highly recommend. You can even request the spice level on some of the dishes. I will be going there at least a few times a month for sure. I would not want them to leave!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Thai food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I read other reviews that this Thai place was a must try - and how right they were! I had the chicken pad thai and I am still dreaming about it!!!

Visited October 2013
Ansbach, Germany
“Best Thai in Ansbach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I never liked Thai food until I ate here. The ingredients are very fresh and the food is excellent! It is run by a husband/wife and they are friendly and helpful. It is a smaller place so if going on a peak night, either get there early or make a reservation.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Crikey its good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have never had Thai food as good as this back home. If you are lucky enough to visit Ansbach do yourself a favour and go to this place. The food is the best I have ever had and great value. Having since returned home to Australia I will not be able to visit our regular Thai restaurants as I now know what real Thai food should taste like. Cannot wait to return.,

• Visited August 2013