“A bit far from downtown Ulm” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Ulm Blaustein

You added Comfort Hotel Ulm Blaustein to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Ulm Blaustein
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ulmer Strasse 4/1, 89134 Ulm, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Ulm
Jyväskylä, Finland
“A bit far from downtown Ulm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I spent one night here by accident as my colleague thought to recommend me "Comfor" hotel in the city centre. So be careful, this is actually quite far from the dowtown.

Hotel is comprised of several attached buildings and i got impression that all rooms can not be accessed though hotel lobby during nighttime.

I got a spacious apartment decorated in 80's style with mini kitchen and large office desk. This might be a good choice If you plan to spend longer time in the area. Bed was old and not very comfortable and there was also some noise coming from the street. Room price was around 63 euros, so it was not bad deal for one night.

My room was non-smoking and i did not notice any bad smell here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Limassol, Cyprus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Pleasant location, reasonable priced.
All Rooms are SMOKER ROOMS, we reserved a None Smoker room in advance. Poor services at the Hotel, stopping the Lift early in the evening.
Breakfast, on the cheap side and none motivated hotel staff.
Could be a good Hotel, but it is not well taken care of. We cut our stay from 3 nights to one night only.

Room Tip: second floor, backside.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Had a great stay here in the winter of 2010, the bilingual staff put me at ease as my German is limited to very few formalities and a couple of curse words, the room was absolutely huge, and it was in close proximity to the downtown area of Ulm for sightseeing and shopping.

The hotel provides access to free wifi perfect for scoping out what to do in the area and getting in touch with friends back home (sadly an amenity lost on many American hotels) and the kitchen staff was more than happy to make a latenight meal for myself and my ex as his away basketball games tended to get us back to the hotel too late for area restaurants to serve us.

The only real downsides I could find are the train tracks across Ulmer Strasse where if you get caught by a passing freight train can have you stuck in traffic up to half an hour, and their hair dryers. I couldn't use mine from home because of the power conversion, and theirs sucked...literally, the fan sucked my hair in...it hurt...I was not happy. If I found myself back in the area however, I would absolutely welcome the idea of staying here again. It's just far enough removed from the bustle of Ulm to enjoy its quiet and a reasonable drive from Stuttgart that you can enjoy the best of both areas without paying city hotel prices.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Spent a night on the way back home from holidays. The location was pretty good, easy access from/to the highway and an easy (just follow the same street to the centre) drive to Ulm. The room we got, a studio with a kitchenette, was very spacious. All very clean. We left the hotel very very early in the morning, the first ones to do the check out. As such, we had to wait 10 min at reception for the staff to drink unhurriedly their morning coffee and do their chatting, although reception was supposed to have been already open. Location in relation to Ulm would warrant a lower price. All in all, a pleasant experience. Would recommend it for a quick stop in Ulm.

• Stayed August 2011
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We have 3 children under 11 and we were very relieved to reach this hotel after some harrowing driving. We bought this as a Legoland package, and it was 30 minutes highway drive from the hotel to Legoland. We were in late and out early the next morning.

We were given 2 adjoining rooms and had ample space. We really enjoyed having a bed each (no sharing sofas etc, that we are becoming used to), and the extra bathroom was a bonus too. The fittings were good and there was a good breakfast with lots of choices.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

In general, this hotel was mediocre, but I had a terrible experience because they did not give me the room I had booked two months in advance.

I reserved a non-smoking room. When I checked in, they said they didn't have non-smoking rooms; all rooms were smoking. Needless to say, the room smelled badly and I couldn't sleep much. When I complained to Choice, the email was sent to the hotel. The hotel said they were fully booked that night. Even if this is true, it doesn't really bear on the issue. They should not have allowed me to reserve a room that could not possibly have been available.

On the plus side, the room - overlooking the odor - was decent enough and the breakfast was very good.

On the minus side, the hotel is quite far from Ulm, but this was as advertised. It's a relatively quick drive, and Ulm is well worth seeing.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Hotel Ulm Blaustein? Share your experiences!