“Good food served by... "inmates"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tanivera

Tanivera
Weinhofberg 7, 89073 Ulm, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (Formerly Weinkruger)
0731 - 880173-0
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 195 Restaurants in Ulm
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Augsburg, Germany
“Good food served by... "inmates"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The restaurant is very well located, next to a stream, has lots of outdoor seatings and a sunny terrace. We were lucky to find a table just a step from the water. There's no railing there, so I could say I was really dining by the stream.

Unfortunately, the magic had gone with appearance of a waiter. Well, much more suitable would be to call him (and as the time shown also his colleagues) an "inmate". His expression, no smile, monotonous voice and zero enthusiasm left no doubts, that he wanted to run away from the Tanivera and never come back there again.

We didn't wait long for our dishes - my lasagna was tasty, but nothing extraordinary. I've seen also really big, delicious-looking salads being served all around, but my stomach was already too full to give a try to these greens.

In opposite to the inmates, sorry, waiters, we had a chance to move away from the Tanivera and despite captivating location we did so soon after the last bite.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ulm, Germany
“overall a good option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

good food, nice service, reasonable price. Excellent pizza.

Visited March 2012
Ulm, Germany
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Looks good but is quite noisy and pizza is very average.

Visited June 2011
London, United Kingdom
“All 50 of us were very impressed...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Last month my cousin got married in Germany. On the day after the wedding - about 50 of us found ourselves booked in at Tanivera for an early dinner. Having that amount of people turn up must have been a bit overwhelming for the staff - as we then wanted to move the tables into two long rows - but we were allowed to do this. Whether the pizza or the pasta was ordered everyone was very impressed with the food and the service which was a lot quicker than we thought it was going to be due to the amount of people. As well as the food, the setting was also lovely with the river running right next to the restaurant and cobbled streets heading off into different directions. If I ever find myself in Ulm again - and I hope I do as it is a beautiful place with wonderful coffee, then I will definitely have another meal here.

• Visited August 2011