“Not the best one, but a good average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Roemerhof Hotel

Save Saved
You added Roemerhof Hotel to your Saves list
Roemerhof Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Robert-Leicht-Strasse 93, 70563 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #128 of 154 hotels in Stuttgart
Milan, Italy
“Not the best one, but a good average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hotel is about 20' taxi from Stuttgart airport, within a nice neighborhood. Staff at reception was not very friendly: as soon as I stepped in and even before myself saying 'good evening', I was put in front the typical form to collect personal details. I wasn't provided an intro to the hotel facilities and I had to ask details about breakfast and internet, when normally these should be explained by the staff without asking. I arrived a bit after 22, but unfortunately restaurant was already closed. A cold welcome, but maybe just bad luck because I arrived late and because I don't speak German.
I got a good room on the ground floor: it was clean, with all necessary pieces of furniture
like a desk, closet and few other things. Bathroom was also clean, although a bit small. I had dinner one evening at the restaurant and food was very good - very good service and quality vs. price.
Overall, apart for the check-in, all the rest was good: location, service and context.
Connections: hotel is at 10' walking from the metro that brings you to the center of Stuttgart or to the airport in 15' mins max either ways. Very convenient if you want to take the train rather than the taxi when you come from the airport. It is also quite close to the university campus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Good location for visiting the universities - was there for meetings. Close enough to the S-Bahn and easily accessible by cab from the airport. Basic accommodation, very clean, perfectly functional and comfortable. Restaurant is pretty good; nice breakfast; and all reasonably priced. Have stayed there twice and would definitely use again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Pros:
The restaurant had great food and service! The breakfast was worth the price and too provided great service.
Hotel was close to where we needed to be.
Room was clean
Heat worked in the room
Free Parking
Cons:
Room was above the restaurant and we heard everything in our room till late hours.
The shower was difficult to work.
We had a hotel employee walk into our room during our second night stay. Don't know what would have happened if we weren't in the room.
When we went to check out they had our bill wrong because they thought we had checked out...No other explanation given for all the mistakes.
The room had no extra secure lock on ther door or a peephole.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the main buliding because you will hear all the loudness from the restaurant below...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I moved to Germany for a job from the US. It took 30 days for me to find a permenant place. The Romerhof staff very very helpful. I had my wife and small pet. When a larger room opened up, they gave me that room (which included access to the yard for the dog).

The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the Vaihingen downtown and the university
Ammenities include:
-Free onsite parking
-Spa and sana center in the basement (fee)
-Internet (fee)
-Full breakfest (cereals, scrambled eggs, meats, vegtables, yogurts, pancakes ...)
-Restaurant has seating indoor and in the garden patio.

The restaurant was pricey between the wine, water and main dish, but the portions were large and usually came with a side of vegtables.

The funny thing is that Germany has some of the worlds purest water and cleanest systems, but people pay for water in the bottle here.

The restaurant also has a small bar that is a fun hangout.

No Roman ruins on-site

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Paris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

No wonder they don't have photos of the rooms- tiny single wooden camp beds, good luck to you if you're tall, and very drab finishings. Reception staff were consistently grumpy and unhelpful, kept overcharging my bill to the point that I had to walk them through it slowly, and I recheck the website now to find I still paid over the standard rate. Sauna in an outhouse for a fee, wifi 20€/day, breakfast was not bad compared to everything else. If you need to be near the university and don't expect much.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Warwickshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

The hotel was described as 'Set within a converted Roman guardhouse' and being interested in all things archaeological and especially Roman I booked three rooms. There was not a sign of anything Roman at the hotel. Apparently, what appeared to be a roman shed, possibly a guardhouse, was on the crossroads outside the hotel at the front and completely demolished in the 1930's - quite a disappointment.
The hotel itself has nothing to distinguish it from many of the same type. The rooms are reasonable, clean with a TV and small ensuite shower room, toilet. It has no views being in a residential area. I was also sure that the advert mentioned a sauna and pool which we all looking forward to after a long day on the road. We were shown to a dim basement of the building next door where there was a very small sauna and a whirlpool bath big enough for one person at a time. It looked like no one had been down there for a while and there was an extra charge for this plus it had to be booked in advance. We didn’t bother.
However, we were in for a surprise. I wanted to eat out feeling that the restaurant would be no better than anything else we had seen so far. Others in our party were tired so we ate in. The food was fabulous. Clearly the chef knows his job and we all ate a really good meal there. By contrast the breakfast was ordinary.
Would I stay there again? The evening meal was very good but no, I wouldn’t bother just for that.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Roemerhof Hotel? Share your experiences!