“Super clean and Comfy.” 5 of 5 stars

Alexanderstrasse 30, 70184 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Sydney, Australia
“Super clean and Comfy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is the cleanest hostel I have stayed at in my previous trip to Europe! I stayed here from 07-09 OCT 2012
Location of this hostel is just perfect, it is just 02 minutes walking distance from Olgaeck U-bahn station (which is only a few stops away from Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof) and has a good supermarket nearby. This central location makes it convenient to explore Stuttgart.
Staff is helpful and very friendly, there was a small mistake in our booking - we were allotted a 06 bedded room instead of a 04 bedded one but we were compensated for the same by one complimentary breakfast which made up for it.
The rooms, toilets and showers are very clean, almost spotless. Beds are very comfortable. Lockers are inside the room, but they have a small width and some can be difficult to lock. You cannot place your entire stroller in it but can manage all your valuables.
Breakfast @8EUR is a good deal as they have a good variety and it can fill you up till mid afternoon. They have 06 types of cereals, 3-4 types of breads and a decent variety of cheeses, jams, fruits, hot /cold beverages, scrambled eggs and other accompaniments. We enjoyed it to the core.
They have a bar as well where you can enjoy a welcome drink @ 1EUR.
Kitchen is very clean and well equipped.
The hostel staff pays special attention to maintenance of their infrastructure, as you will see the entire building is in a good condition and is very well groomed. This is a very beautiful old property which was a school earlier, as told to me my the staff. The orange and pastel colour scheme is warm and invigorating, the beautiful framed photographs on the walls add to its charm.
Only drawback is lack of an elevator, which can causes inconvenience especially to elderly guests to carry their luggage all the way upstairs.
I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Stuttgart! This property is highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Galicia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had booked two beds in a dorm room and when we got there we found we had a triple room for the two of us! I suppose it was low season (mid February) and they had many free rooms, but it was very nice anyway. Beds are comfortable, the temperature was perfect, it was clean and all that.

We chose to pay the 8 extra euros for breakfast, a bit expensive maybe but it was a great decision - it's a buffet for all tastes: milk, cereal, pastries, bacon, eggs (I think), fruit, sausages, all kinds of food. The best breakfast I've ever had when travelling. Plus, they gave us a drink for 1 euro when we arrived. And it's very well located, just 10-15 minutes walking from the main station. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Duren, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Clean room and bathroom. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful i got all information i need and some useful advice about the city. I also tryed the breakfast buffet which was quite tasty. If you don't like it just round the corner is a quite good bakery too. The hostel is located quite central in stuttgart so it's a good starting point if you want to discover the town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I had the best hostel experience at Alex 30! It was clean, stylish, and well kept.

The staff was friendly, helpful, polite and accommodating considering my German friend kept leaving me messages at the front desk since we kept missing each other! (Thank you!)

The breakfast was well spent for 7€ with an assortment of meats, fruit, tea/coffee, juice, cereal, and bread. I also enjoyed the welcome drink discount.

The common lounge is retro but a bit dark to see in; the outside terrace was relaxing.

The only thing that sucked was if you got a room on the 4th floor; there's nothing better than a cardio workout hauling your luggage up 4 flights of stairs!!!

My hostel mates where very friendly, all but one who smelled really bad; and, another chatted noisily on her phone early in the morning. The thing is that there is plenty of space in Hostel Alex; she could have left the room to enjoy her call.

Oh, and really, this hostel is not far from the center of town, Schlossplatz (castle, fountains, and park) and Konigstrasse (where all the shopping is at). About a brief 10 minute casual walk; no need to take the subway if don't mind walking.

Danke! Tschuss!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Salzburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

What else could I rate when I was totally satisfied with everything? I'm not picky though, but still everything in this Hostel worked out very well. I spend there one night in a tidy, bright colored single room and had a delicious breakfast buffet (+7€ to the bill) in the morning. The reception is opened 24 hours per day and I found staff friendly although I saw only one of them. The location was good, the bed was very comfortable and shared rooms were clean and looked good.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

Stayed here only one night, arrived late at night and left early in the morning, so didn't really spend time there. Easy to find, easy access to the center by foot or "U-bahn". Twin room was basic and tidy and decorated with bright colors. Cold floors though. Window facing a building wall. Shower and toilet in the hall. Some kind of locker/ safe in the room or at reception would have been appreciated. The staff was very friendly! They gave us tips on good bars nearby and also called after us the next day when the airline delivered our lost bag. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2006

Stayed at the Alex30 for a few days during the WorldCup. It was fine- clean, organised, reasonably cheap and only a 15min walk to the city centre. Rooms were a bit garish, and pretty basic but reasonable enough.

• Liked — Central Location
  • Disliked — Orange bedrooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the stuttgart metro
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Alex 30 Hostel? Share your experiences!