“Good choice for stopover, steps away from Metzstraße stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Koehler Restaurant

Save Saved
You added Hotel Koehler Restaurant to your Saves list
Hotel Koehler Restaurant
zH Crista Glinski | Neckarstrasse 209, 70190 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #74 of 153 hotels in Stuttgart
oklahoma city
“Good choice for stopover, steps away from Metzstraße stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed in a room with 3 twin beds (2 pushed together, 1 on other side of room) and an en suite bathroom with shower. It was a large room and spacious bathroom. Nothing fancy. There are other rooms that share a toilette and another room with a toilette and shower.

My only complaint would be the pillow. It was a big square meter but very unsupportive. I had to fold mine to really get some support. Not a big deal though.

Breakfast was excellent for an extra 5€ with a variety of cold meats, cheeses, pickled vegetables, eggs, sausages, fruit, cereal.

When I checked in, the woman at the front desk was very helpful coordinating for me and meeting up with my family. She also recommended a good pub/restaurant.

Oh, they have a WONDERFUL, big, bernese mountain dog that hangs out in the lobby. Loved Copy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I came to visit Stuttgart due to my father addmission to the hospital this June 2012. I have chosen the Koehler Hotel based on its reviews and ratings of tripadvisor and hotelbooking.com. Clearly, I was mainly after two things: the convenient location (Karl Olga Hospital, U Bahn, close proximity to the Centrum of Stuttgart,walking distance to the Villa Berg, Mineral Bath an Wilhelma) and secondly, as I was about to spend in Stuttgart about 2 weeks, I was looking for home feel-like place.
Koehler Hotel has it all. The place felt welcoming enough for me to not hesitate to come back again. As a single traveller I booked a single room with bathroom & toilet, which I found very neat and clean. The room was smallish but cozy feel, just what I needed. I aslo really enjoyed yummy german breakfast. The lovely bar and beer garden offer some nice local wine and beer.
The main asset of the hotel is surely Christa (the owner) and Danni her daughter. They both speak very good english and I found them very professional, helpful and friendly throughtout my entire stay.
Overal = great value for the money :)
P.S. Thank you very much for your welcomming hospitality!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011 via mobile

I'm from Egypt. I have been there with my wife & little kid. I loved this small family Hotel. I think i don't need more than warm feelings, continuous welcoming attitude, beautiful clean rooms, very nice breakfast & good location to feel happy with my stay in a hotel.
Thank you Daniella it was great knowing you June 2010

• Stayed June 2011
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Koehler in July 2011 . The hotel is clean. The breakfast buffet offers everything you need.
But the most important asset of this Hotel is Christa the owner, a warm hearted woman who makes you feel like at home.
We paid 75 EUR incl Breakfast which is a pretty good value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

I'm sorry, but this place was a dump. We were not happy to learn the biergarten is not open on weekends, and the area around the hotel is barren of any restaurants or charm. The buffet breakfast was under-par with other German hotel breakfasts that we had (which are already unsatisfying to us as Americans--cold cuts and cheese again???). We skipped it altogether in favor of a crossaint at the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) which is only a few stops away on the U-Bahn. (The hotel is right across the street from the Metzstrasse stop on line U-14.)

You can also reach the hotel via taxi from the Hauptbahnhof. It is only about a 5 minute taxi ride from there.

We rented a room with a shared bathroom, so perhaps that is where we went wrong. Just overall NOT a warm welcoming comfortable place. It just felt cheap. The "biergarten" which was closed but we could see behind the building was very small and unappealing. Just a few tables with only big buildings surrounding it. Just nothing charming at all about this place. Not recommended! We stayed at hostels much nicer than this!

• Liked — Proximity to the Hauptbahnhof
  • Disliked — Everything about it was charmless and unwelcoming
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

The service and hospitality of the staff and owners was wonderful. This is the place to stay if you are looking to experience the real Stuttgart. Hotel Koehler is not a tourist attraction, but it IS a genuine experience in the German lifestyle. The food was fabulous, local cuisine. We had dinner in the beer garden, sitting and socializing with local residents. The continental breakfast is very good with alot of choices. Our room was typical European small but VERY clean and comfortable. Overall, this was a great place to stay in Stuttgart and we will be back again.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

If you appreciate the real German family hotel experience, I heartily recommend Hotel Koehler on Neckarstrasse. The hotel has been family owned and operated since 1915 and rebuilt in 1945. It is comfortable, inexpensive, relaxed and very convenient to all of Stuttgart as the trolley stop is across the street. The complimentary breakfast is excellent with many tasty choices and a big basket of various German breads and rolls. Dinner is also available in the evenings, and bring your appetite as the food is deliciously prepared. A biergarten is open during the summer months for relaxed visiting or dining, and a bar adjacent to the reservation desk is a wonderful place to visit with other guests and pet the family St. Bernard Karas, likely the most photographed dog in the country! Hotel Koehler was delightful and memorable part of my Stuttgart stay.

Been to Hotel Koehler Restaurant? Share your experiences!