“Traditional Schwaebisch Fare” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Prague, Czech Republic
“Traditional Schwaebisch Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Traditional local fare with interesting seasonal variations. We visited in September and the specials were the Pfifferlinge, a yellow mushroom which is gathered at this time of year - delicious. The portions are generous and the staff friendly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Cairo, Egypt
“German food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Well, I'm generally not a fan of German food, but I did like the venue. The outdoor garden on a summer evening offers a really nice atmosphere. The menu variety isn't really all that much..I generally avoided confrontation and just went with the safe choice of a salad which ended up being very good. (well, for a salad)

The service was fine.. a bit slow on the day I went but that's not something to generalize/ go by.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Typical good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nice restaurant, typical local food. I has a beef stew as a starter and a potato salad and sausages for main. Good quality. If you want to try typical, then go there.

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Charming, and always a delight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I will keep this brief though I could go on for several pages. Tauberquelle was one of the first places I dined when I landed in Stuttgart. Many trips to Germany and many years have passed since then and with those years have gone many meals there, always amazing. I'm partial to traditional German cuisine and have never been disappointed by their presentation, quality and service. I must admit I have a soft spot for Tauberquelle and look forward to visiting Stuttgart, and of course the restaurant.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LINCOLN
“Traditional German”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I ate lunch (dinner, if you will) with relatives who live in Stuttgart. It is a small restuarant with bar and it has an attractive small beer garden in back. The service was both quick and pleasant however the food was only so-so.

But if you are looking for a place where you won't encounter tourists, this might be worth a try.
Our relatives liked it and perhaps we just hit it on a bad day. Prices are reasonable. The four of us ate dinner and we had two glasses of wine and two beers for 43.20 euros.

• Visited May 2012