“Excellent Value Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel One Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof

You added Motel One Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof to your Saves list
Motel One Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   Lautenschlager 14, 70173 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #4 of 153 Hotels in Stuttgart
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Value Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This hotel is ideally located one block from the train station, and just around the corner form the main shopping street. We were in Stuttgart for the Christmas Markets, so this was the perfect location. We were in the center and could walk everywhere. The hotel is very new, and is well decorated. Since it is a value hotel, the room is small even by European standards. However, it is very clean, and well decorated. We booked our room to have the included breakfast. It was good, and had a large variety of breakfast food. For the price, this hotel is very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mario S, Manager at Motel One Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your positiv respons. We are happy to hear that you like our hotel and that you enjoy your stay. We wish you a good time and looking forward to see you again at Motel One.
By the way: If you plan your next Trip, have a look at our homepage. You can find our house in many cities.
Your Motel-One-Team Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Devizes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Well located and reliable standard - you know what you are getting with Motel One. Pricing was excellent - around 70 Euros per room per night. Bed was comfortable, bathroom modern and the breakfast was good. Will definitely we staying here again.

If you have not stayed in a motel One before, think trendy Ibis with a German twist and a little,more comfortable...

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your respons. We are happy that you like our hotel and our concept. We hope you have great holidays in germany and we`ve been a part of it.
Your Motel One Team, Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof
HONG KONG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel was located near the main train station and about 3 mins walk from there.
Hotel was just located one block away from the main shopping street so it was very convenient to shop or find food.
Hotel was very clean just liked the one I stayed at Munich. I can say I will stay at Motel one for sure for my next trip to Germany.
Staff were very friendly and nice.
Very safe to walk alone even on the evening.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Casper WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

As others have stated, this is a bare bones hotel. But then, it has a price to match (far cheaper than anyplace else I stayed on my vacation). And the location is perfect - close to the train station, downtown and the Christmas markets. I found the selection at breakfast fine (soft boiled eggs, cold cuts and cheese, yogurt, cereals, rolls, juices, coffee/tea, etc) and the cost was very reasonable. The beds are very firm, as they seem to be all over this part of Europe. If there are two of you, the one duvet will not be large enough, but I would imagine they would provide a second upon request. Be careful with the shower - the water can get hot enough to scald. When I was there in early Dec. there was a great deal of construction in and around the train station which included shutting down the escalators next to the hotel. Fortunately, I walked at street level from the station, otherwise I would have been faced with hauling my luggage up a long staircase. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon, as we were in town specifically to tour the Porsche factory. As an American, I'm always leery of the word "motel" in the title but the pictures looked nice and the location to the train station couldn't be beat. The room was small, as other reviewers have stated, but for such a short stay it wasn't a big issue. The bed was comfortable, and since it was so cold outside I enjoyed the "fireplace" on the TV screen as the automatic channel. The breakfast was standard German fare we saw everywhere else on our trip, although I will note that many guests (and I was nearly guilty of it myself) mistook cereal bowls for coffee mugs as the mugs were well below eye level (under the counter). The motel was also close to the Christmas market (another reason I chose it), and big pedestrian/shopping area. We also had issues logging onto the wifi, but my husband is a programmer and figured it out (something to do with going to a numbered website - 10.0.0.1 maybe? and entering the login information manually because connecting to it does not automatically prompt the login page for whatever reason).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I think that this hotel is the concept of the young, hip, single male business traveller. It should market itself primarily towards business travellers. The rooms are small, to be expected in Europe, but a few more basic amenities should be added - like a landline phone (sorry, but I'm not paying roaming fees on my North American iphone to make a local Stuttgart call just because you're too cheap to install phones). There are no closets, just two small clotheshanger rails and three shelves. That didn't bother me - I wasnt there to unpack, but not convenient for longer stays. No tissues, no soap, only one plastic glass, and if that was a double room, there is no way the comforter would have served had my husband come with - it didn't even fully cover the bed. I too had trouble accessing the wifi system but got assistance from the front desk. (Of course, a trip down by elevator would have been unnecessary had there been a phone in the room...)

As to breakfast - continental style, not a lot of choice in my opinion, and thanks to the 7:00 start on the weekends I didn't trouble myself with it on the second morning since it was more important to me to make my flight. This is something that should be taken into consideration in setting breakfast hours.

Apart from selection, I thought it cheap in the extreme to then close it all up and not even offer free tea and coffee through the day, especially where there are no such facilities in-room. The food/munchies offerings in the evening are pricey and small.

The positives were that the room was clean, adequate, quiet, and the location was excellent. Turning left outside the hotel just around the corner of the building is an escalator which takes you to the S-bahn which will take you to the airport or elsewhere, connects to the train station for u-bahn and dB rail. But when I return to Stuttgart I will be looking for something with a few more amenities, in the same vicinity. When I'm on vacation I like my creature comforts!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here for quick trip to Stuttgart for weekend. Hotel is in good location, a couple blocks from Train station and main pedestrian shopping street and old center of Stuttgart. I drove to Stuttgart and hotel was easy to find with GPS and even though there is no parking at hotel, you have different parking garages available within block or two of hotel. Note: Since these garages are also used for Shoppers, it can be a little time consuming to find a free space based on your timing of arriving at hotel. As others have noted, the hotel rooms are small, but that is ok with me, since I am hardly in the room anyways. One item that would be nice, if the hotel room had a luggage rack to put your suitcase on instead of having to use the chair. The biggest complaint I have is the free WiFi internet service. During my stay, the wifi only worked for http traffic but not for any https traffic. As a result, I was not able to VPN to my company's network nor able to access any sites where I needed to login like my Airline website to check on my flight or email. This was very disappointing and impacted me with some work activity. I complained to hotel staff and they indicated there should be no issue and their WiFi works with https traffic, but when they tried also, that got same result as I did that server was not available. They indicated this was not normal and they must have an issue with their router which they would resolve, but it would be too late for me as I was preparing to check out. My rate included breakfast, which I enjoyed with no complaints. I would recommend the hotel for short stay only if their WiFi is properly working.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel One Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof? Share your experiences!