I know this review is very late but I'm currently looking to book another Christmas Market trip and I felt that I had to do this review before any of you stay here.
1. The oddest collection of staff I have ever seen in my life. Breakfast is an experience, milk jugs will be taken out of your hand and passed to another table by the 'waitress'.
2. Apparently, in Stuttgart, people don't have nice mobile phones and they sure as hell don't get them out whilst they're at a bar to take a photo as 'the Romanians, they steal them' (the Police Officer said that)
3. As you may have guessed, our phones were stolen. Nothing to do with the hotel granted. When we arrived back at the hotel around midnight we asked the night porter if we could have our room phone turned on for international calls so we could get our phones cancelled and blocked there and then. Didn't happen, I went back out at 1am to find a internet cafe and cancel online.
4. Massive fight in the street outside early hours which we could hear through the not so double glazing.
5. Next morning we asked for the phone number for the police. I saw a directory sitting on the counter and tried to look in there for the number but the receptionist pulled it away and said 'the police won't give you money'. I explained just our phones were stolen, we had money. She ignored us and said she wanted us to pay our bill in full before we went out (we were heading to the market). Now this just irritated me, as we checked in we tried to pay in full and they said 'no, you do it last day when you check out'. We weren't checking out until the next morning. She thought we had our phones AND money stolen and instead of helping us by giving us the number for the police she insisted we pay up there and then. To add insult to injury a German couple then came in and started speaking to her. I can only guess what was being said as I'm an ignorant English girl who doesn't speak German but I'm pretty sure she b*tched to them about us and then the guy looked at us and shook his head, pulled his phone out of his pocket in a really exaggerated way as if to say 'everyone keeps their phone in their pocket, why would you have yours in your bag'. Rude, unhelpful and f***ing insulting.
On a side note though if you don't care about basic human kindness than this hotel is fine.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.