“Very nice hotel but needs a little renovation!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Stuttgart

You added Le Meridien Stuttgart to your Saves list
Le Meridien Stuttgart
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Willy-Brandt-Strasse 30, 70173 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Stuttgart
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Very nice hotel but needs a little renovation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We have stayed (me and my family) for three days at Le Meridien Stuttgart .
The contributions from tripadvisor members make me to book at this hotel because I see that it is top rating.
I have book for me and my wife a double room and for my parents I choose a double executive smoking room.
I want to tell you at this point that I have booked both rooms from otel.com a site that I trust 100%!!!
The prices that I find at otel.com was the best plus that they have also breakfast at the price that I pay.
The only difference between my room and my parents is that they have free minibar, access to the executive lounge and free internet connection, otherwise both rooms are the same.
Rooms are spacious with flat tv , jaccuzi bathtub and very comfy bed.
If you are one of those that cannot stay in a hotel if they do not have good breakfast this hotel is for you.
It is the best buffet that I ever see in a hotel. Just enjoy it.
The only negative for me is that when you enter the lobby from the first site you see that this hotel needs a little fresh up and when you enter the room and need to enter internet you’ll be very surprised when you try to find a wi-fi connection and instead of that you will find a wire connection.
I thing that in year 2010 if you want to be a 5 star hotel you must provide wi-fi internet of course and also free of charge at the price that you pay for your room.
Also I thing that if someone wants to be a receptionist at any kind of a hotel must speak at least frequent English, please do something about that because I thing that most of the tourist speak English instead of German.
That is why Le Meridien Stuttgart takes 4 rating from me and looses 5 star.
If you are not interested for the interior, internet connection and if you are German you must definitely give this hotel a 5 star because it is worth it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
, Manager at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Dear Michael TCS,

thank you very much for your comments and for staying with us while in being in Stuttgart.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and noticed your positive comments which we have forwarded to our members of staff.

We have taken note of your remarks regarding the need of renovation and the WIFI installation. At the moment our in-room internet connection is wired and WIFI in the public areas of the hotel. You will be pleased to hear that we are going to install complete WIFI in all guest rooms before the end of the year.
Our Lobby area will also improve its looks as we are renovating the complete business center area which is part of the Lobby. At the same time an ATM has just been installed in the Lobby to offer more service to our guests.

We do pay special attention to employ english speaking staff at the reception and I have taken good note of your comment. We will continue to focus on the quality of their english-speaking.

Dear Michael TCS, thank you again for sharing your impressions with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back in Stuttgart.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Vicenza, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed five nights at Le Meridien in Stuttgart in Apr/May 2010. Though we've stayed at other hotels in Stuttgart solely for convenience, this is supposed to be one of the best - we decided to try it. During our stay there was a construction site in the park across B14 (the major road in front of hotel). I assume it was related to major construction beginning "Stuttgart 21" that will disrupt the downtown area for quite some time. Not much a a view now. Anyway, with the windows closed, the traffic, light and construction noise is minimal. We like to sleep cool and the air conditioning isn't strong, so we did open the window for some fresh air-only did that once.

Lots of positives:
- hotel has quality appearance and style
- spa (swimming pool and hot tub) are very relaxing
- rooms are large (especially based on European standards)
- helpful, friendly staff
- comfortable rooms with quality bedding
- clean
- convenient access with parking beneath the hotel
- close U-bahn access

Some negatives:

- Parking is expensive. Driving in is hairy and scary--it's very narrow spiral drive--the narrowist I've ever seen. Drive carefully
- Expensive buffet breakfast 25 Euro - the weisswurst and scrambled eggs were quite good for a buffet and there's a large choice of breakfast items. The Saturday breakfast seemed less fresh, while the work day breakfast was better. If the breakfast isn't covered in your rate, it's worth the 10 - 15 minute walk to the Grand Cafe Planie for breakfast. Shoot, if it's awful weather, I'd take a taxi.
- Located outside the downtown walking area. Being near the park is nice, especially during the summer when the biergarten is open, but most restaurants, shopping and activities are a healthy walk or short U-bahn ride. LeMeridien is located between 2 U-bahn stops - Staatsgalerie and Neckartor.
- Right on major road through Stuttgart.
- Expensive hotel for the Stuttgart area - special rate we received was 157 Euro-only available on-line
- Expensive internet access (not uncommon in Europe)
- Exit and Entrance to pedestrian overpass is outside - no interior access.

Despite relatively small negatives, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was very hospitable and accommodating. The appearance and quality are notable. My personal preference is to stay closer to the Rathaus or Koenigstrasse areas .

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_LF, Guest Relations at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Dear Marchelaw:

Further to your stay we would like to thank you for sharing your impressions with us.
Every guest comment is important to us, it is only with your advice, suggestions and ideas we are able to focus on areas where improvements are needed.

At the beginning of 2010 we reduced the internet charges about 10 % and received a lot of positive comments from our guests. Please be assuring that we forwarded your comment to our Management.

The parking fee in Stuttgart and the other close 5 star hotels are all the same. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Feel free to use our Valet service the next time. Le Méridien Stuttgart offers different rate plans, according to your preferences. For example, business guest can book a rateplan which includes internet and minibar, if you visit us on a personal trip we can offer you rates which include spa treatments and parking. But of course we also offer just a stay without any additional extras. Please do not hesitate to contact our in house reservations, we are happy to assist you finding the rate which is best for you.

Regarding the breakfast buffet we do offer special high quality food from all over the world. If you prefer a smaller breakfast you have the choice to order room service till 12pm where you have the opinion to choose from the menu.

The bridge in front of the hotel is not part of the hotel, it belongs to the city of Stuttgart. For that and for security reasons, we cannot offer our guests direct access to the bridge from the 2nd or 3rd floor. But the bridge is easily accessible through a stair just outside the lobby. The bridge is connecting to the Schlossgarden, from there ir is easy for pedestrians to walk to the city center.

Dear Marchelaw, thank you again for sharing your impressions with us. We are looking forward to welcome you soon back in Stuttgart.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

So to put the good up front - the hot tub here is excellent. And the garage is nice and spacious. But aside from that I'd stay somewhere else.

Basically this hotel looks like it was new and fresh in the mid-90's but that nothing's been done to it since except the standard addition of a flat screen TV. Everything else is quite dated.

Internet access - a disaster - wired only, no wireless! I haven't seen that in a hotel in 4-5 years. At least they provided the cable in the room. 19 Euros for 24 hours.

Location - worse than I expected. It's next to a park yes, but a four lane road separates you from the park (traffic) and frankly it's not really walking distance to anything unless you're a powerwalker. It's just not a good location. No convenient access to any of the U or S-Bahn stops.

Rest of the spa - decent, but the pool was ICE cold. Again only the hot tub was a highlight. Gym was really 6 ellipticals and 1/2 set of dumbells.

Bathroom and shower - again quite dated.

Frankly all in all this is the standard of luxury hotel I'd expect in Eastern Europe, not in Germany.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dear SeasonedTrvlr:

Thank you very much for your rating at Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that you had some inconveniences during your stay, however some changes are on the way.

We are currently working on wifi access throughout the hotel, and expect it to have wireless internet service by the end of the year. Meanwhile, we offer HSIA in all of our rooms plus wifi access in the lobby and restaurant/bar area for a fee.

You also mentioned the distances to the hotel. Le Méridien Stuttgart is conveniently located, just about 10 minutes walking distance from the mainstation. The closest subway stop (U-Bahn) is “Staatsgalerie”, about 150m away from the hotel. The subways U1, U2, U4, U9, U11 and U14 do stop there frequently. The Schlossgarten itself is a favourite place to relax for all inhabitants and visitors of Stuttgart. Esp. the beergarden just across from the hotel is a place to go while staying with.

Our pool has a temperature of 27°C, which is a standard temperature for swimming, and is controlled regularly by our staff in the Spa. For relaxing I would recommend the whirlpool, which has a temperature of 38°C.

Dear Seasoned Trvlr, if you have further any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I am happy to assist you!

GREECE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for almost a week and we really had a very nice stay. The hotel staff and housekeepers are very good. Breakfast is rich but rather expensive. It is located near the center and the central station although you have to walk about 10-15 minutes through a park and the stairs to reach the hotel are a little tiring if you have suitcases. Jacuzzi was excellent but the swimming pool was too cold. Also the lights in the room were very weak. Generally a good, modern,clean,central enough hotel in Stuttgart

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_LF, Guest Relations at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
Dear Michalisk:

Thank you very much for your rating. We really appreciate your good woods about your stay with us. You are right; if you travel with a lot of luggage the stairs in the Schlossgarten could be critical. In this case you have also the opportunity to walk through the Staatsgalerie subway station, which is easier as there are no stairs. Another option would be a short taxi ride, which takes about 7 minutes and is not more then 10€.

We are already looking forward to welcome you again at Le Méridien Stuttgart.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

Stayed for one night prior to a business meeting the next morning. A good classic hotel experience. Nice rooms for a european hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_LF, Guest Relations at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Dear MikeCalifornia:

Thank you very much for your good rating at Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Stuttgart!

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Fantastic all... I stayed on business from Dec 2009-Feb 2010 and had a great stay. Face it, 58 nights is a long time to stay anywhere away from home, but I already miss the Le Meridian and Stuttgart. Even after 2 months, I am still not tired of the Breakfast! The staff was great, rooms nice, food exceptional, and the spa? Well, the spa was fantastic. As for the location? It is a GREAT location.... short walk across a beautiful park (I loved that walk) and you are at everything. Even the main train station and metro (both of which are so easy to use) are right down the street (and I did use them with bags in tow, no problem with the short walk). I will not stay anywhere else for any other trips to Stuttgart. I can't say enough about how nice the staff are or how nice the overall stay was. From my advanced reservations to my departure, the staff was great. I was sad to leave. I don't know what else to say, you will be very happy with the location and the stay at the Le Meridian. Highly Recommend.... Many thanks to the staff for such a long and comfortable/pleasant stay. Can't wait to return and see everyone again! Feel free to contact me id you like. Richard Davidson, [--]

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_LF, Guest Relations at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
Dear radlaw01:

Thank you very much for your brilliant rating at Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your comments. Long stay guests see the hotel in another way and it is more than a compliment that you feel at home.

All the staff of Le Méridien Hotel Stuttgart looking forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

I have stayed 3 times at this property and have generally enjoyed the staff, service and food. The gym is ok, spacious, but not a lot of machines. It definitely has a large pool which I will use next time. The hotel offers the typical service of a Le Meridien brand, and the rooms are not much different than in the remodeled Le Meridien properties.
The location is excellent, just 5 min walk through a park to the Train Station, Starbucks and the main walking/shopping areas. The restaurant has very good, diverse breakfast buffet and the dinner choices are very tasty.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_LF, Guest Relations at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Dear vsdude,

Thank your for your feedback. We really appreciate that you visit Le Méridien Hotel a few times. If there is something to make your next stay more comfortable please do not hesitate to contact me directly – I am happy to assist you.

Guest Relations

Been to Le Meridien Stuttgart? Share your experiences!