“Modern and Restful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Stuttgart

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Stuttgart to your Saves list
Le Meridien Stuttgart
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Willy-Brandt-Strasse 30, 70173 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #4 of 153 Hotels in Stuttgart
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Modern and Restful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived here at the end of a brutal, three flight, 18 hour trip. The hotel let us check in early, which was much appreciated. Every employee was very nice and efficient. The room service food was excellent and fast. The hotel is located in an area that makes it easy to walk to the city center. The rooms are very nice, the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are clean, updated and modern. Although it's on a busy street and our room faced the street, the windows are either double or triple paned because there was little to no traffic noise. This is the only place I'd ever stay in Stuttgart.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear “baps27“

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit to Le Meridien Stuttgart.

We are delighted to see that you had a memorable stay amongst us; all of your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the relevant departments.

Dear “baps27“, we hope you will return to Le Meridien Stuttgart in the future where a warm indigenous welcome home awaits you.

Warm regards,

Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main train station. Self parking is available in an underground garage for around 20 EUR/day. Be careful as the garage is very compact & it’s easy to scrape your car against the walls. There is a large gym/spa/swimming pool. There is a large park with a bier garden directly across from the hotel (2 min. walk).

Free WIFI is only available in the hotel lobby; it is not convenient to use because you must obtain a password from the front desk every session (1 hour). It gets rather annoying. For example if you decide to check your email for 2 minutes & then come back later to check it again you would have to request a new passcode from the front desk. In my case I was given an invalid passcode twice so I decided to purchase the internet package. Other Le Meridien properties have a free network in the lobby & the only information required is room number & name. There is a free business center in the lobby with several computers. However, I am wary about using personal information with public computers due to security issues.

The front desk agent provided friendly & courteous service at check in. The room I received did not meet basic functional & hygienic standards. The bathroom toilet seat had numerous dried urine stains on it; clearly not washed but these types of things happen occasionally. The front desk sent someone to clean up. Later in the night I decided to watch pay per view television but could not access any movies. The front desk could not solve the problem over the phone so they sent someone up who didn’t have a clue how to fix the problem. He wasted about 20 minutes unplugging/plugging the TV wires/cables. Then I was told to wait until the next day before they could fix the problem. I was offered another room but I chose against this option because it was midnight. It would have been inconvenient to go through the process of repacking everything & moving. I called the manager that night to express my concerns regarding basic maintenance & cleanliness expectations. He apologized & in return for being unable to meet basic expectations he offered me a free breakfast, which I declined.

I’ve had many enjoyable experiences with Starwood properties including Le Meridien. This was the first time I received careless customer service. It would be understandable if this occurred at a cheap hostel but a hotel brand of this caliber & price point should not fail to meet basic standards. If they do fail then they should correct the problem with their superior customer service. After my incidents in the room no one apologized until I called the manager. During checkout I was asked about my stay & I explained the problem. The agent apologized & gave me her card. She told me to give her a call next time I visit the hotel & she will make sure the stay is better. Why would I ever visit the hotel again? She would have been better served if she discounted the stay or offered me a free room night. It’s a shame I need to call ahead in order to ensure a clean room & operational TV.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the elevator as the odd shape of the hotel requires a lot of walking from so...
Dear “ShortReview“

Thank you for your transparent feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

We endeavor to ensure our guests experience a memorable stay with us, and it is unfortunate this was not the case during your visit. Disappointing to hear that the overall functional & hygienic standards, the TV issue, and the service you encountered was not to the level you expect, and most certainly not to the level we strive to offer to our guests. We aim to tailor each guests experience according to their expectations and we have clearly failed on this occasion.

We would be most grateful if you could make direct contact with us as we keen to ensure we are able to win back your faith in Le Meridien Stuttgart as we must highlight that the service and product shortfalls you experienced is not indicative of what our guests typically experience.

Dear “ShortReview“, thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

As expected I had another wonderful stay (5 nights) at Le Meridien Stuttgart. From check in to check out, every staff person I encountered (front desk, concierge, restaurant) was friendly, knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Although I did not have a chance to visit the Spa, my large Junior Suite made up for it with luxury galore. Sitting area, desk, large flat screen television, spacious bathroom and of course a nice big fluffy bed! The extra-large windows (pretty much floor to ceiling) let in plenty of light. My room faced the street and I had no problem with noise whatsoever – even with the windows open. The free Wi-Fi and computer usage in the Business Center came in handy and I highly recommend the buffet breakfast (fresh fruit, juices, wide assortment of bread and pastries, bacon eggs, etc.) – a great way to start the day! Like all good things, my stay had to come to an end, but there is no doubt in my mind that I will return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear “AuntieVern“

Thank you so much for your warm words and taking the time to share your impressions with other travelers. It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Le Meridien Stuttgart.

Your feedback is very important to us as we try to improve our services and standards continuously. Therefore we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and you will return to our hotel. Of course we have forwarded your wonderful feedback immediately to the entire team, which is much appreciated.

Especially for your warm words regarding our staff we would like to thank you very much. We are more than delighted to hear that everything was great and to your entire satisfaction. That is exactly what we are working for and your review makes us proud!

Dear “AuntieVern“, if there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us. The entire team is delighted to assist you and welcome you to Le Meridien Stuttgart soon again.

Best wishes,

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

On our recent business trip to Stuttgart, we stayed in an executive room at Le Meridien opposite the Scholoss Garten. The check-in process was efficient and fast. We were assigned to a smaller room on the fourth floor above the lobby area although I am the Gold SPG. That was not a problem but the staff failed to mention it perhaps due to his less than fluency in English. But we realized until we got to the room and saw the floor plan. Anyway, we thought it was only two nights. We could have react to this. As it turned out the room was very noisy as it faced the busy street. The street light was very strong, the curtain could not keep it off. On top of this, the wireless internet connection in the room was so weak. We have to go to the corridor in our robe to work. Maybe this is the reason why they place two sofas on both sides of this cluster of rooms which connecting between two buildings. My advice is not to take these rooms and ask for a room not facing the street. Besides the poor room environment, the room was well appointed. It seemed that it was renovated recently. The housekeeping was very efficient. The pool in the spa area with four types of saunas was wonderful. The food was every bit a 'Le Meridien tradition. I would stay at this hotel again but avoid the rooms locating in the front facing street and above the lobby.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the lobby area facing the street. Ask for a higher floor.
Dear “Samkeith“

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Bangkok and thank you for your transparent feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

On the one hand, we are pleased to hear that you liked our Le SPA, our food served at our restaurant Le Cassoulet and our wine bar Le Medoc and that our housekeeping team met your expectation.

On the other hand, we deeply regret that you could not fully enjoy your stay due to the mentioned location of the room and the wireless Internet connection problem. I am happy to inform you that within the next couple of months all our rooms will be equipped with a wifi router within the room, an improved connectivity will be the result of that installation.

Dear “Samkeith“, it would be from utmost importance for us to have the chance to welcome you again at our property.

Best regards,

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my recent short stay at Le Meridien. My room was well thought out and instantly comfortable. I had a great night's sleep. Staff were thoughtful and highly professional. We wished we had more time to enjoy all this hotel had to offer. All in all world class property and a sure bet in Stuttgart.

Stayed October 2013
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear “COCOFromOttawa“

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us at Le Meridien Stuttgart and for having taken the time to write about our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great night’s sleep. It’s always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We have shared your review with our team and would like to thank you for mentioning our attentive service.

Dear “COCOFromOttawa“, we are looking forward to welcoming you back and providing you another memorable stay very soon.

Warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location of this hotel is very convenient. It is an easy walk from the train station even with luggage. The breakfast is great and the restaurant is fine. The rooms are clean but not large. The fittings are good quality and the wifi works well. The staff were helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Fiona D“,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Le Meridien Stuttgart with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location and look forward to welcoming you back to renew your experience at Le Meridien Stuttgart.

Dear “Fiona D“, wishing you safe travels and stay well.

Yours sincerely,

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is a short walk from the train station. The rooms are ok, and the restaurant is ok...nothing special though. The Sauna/Pool are good, and the staff is very friendly....even if enforcing the hotel's bad rules, or providing inaccurate information.
Be aware that the hotel has a rule that they will only convert a maximum of $100 US Dollars into Euros within a 24 hr period (that gives you enough Euros for a half a meal and a few drinks), and they'll do it at a VERY bad rate of exchange. The woman at the desk was apologetic and said we should walk the kilometer or so back to the train station and change our money there. She also warned us about the bad exchange rate the hotel gives. Next, we asked the Concierge to make a reservation for us at a popular restaurant in town. He told us..."They do not take reservations. Just walk over and ........". When we arrived at the restaurant the owner was there at the door. I said we'd like two for dinner. He responded "do you have a reservation?". I told him we were told they didn't take reservations, to which he responded "what restaurant doesn't take reservations?". We looked around and there were reservation signs on all the tables, and the reservation book at his desk was full. He said he could squeeze us in at one table if we could finish our meal within an hour and a half. We took him up on it and before long the rest of the tables were full of 'reserved' diners.
As I said, the staff was friendly throughout.
I'll stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Remember...you're going to get a VERY bad exchange rate if you convert money here. I found an AT...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear “travels46“

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. We are very disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and would sincerely like to take the opportunity to apologize for the inaccurate information regarding the restaurant reservation.
Please rest assured that we have shared your comment with the team to look into the comments raised.

Dear “travels46” it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon to prove that we can be better hosts.

Warm regards

Guest Relation Manager

Been to Le Meridien Stuttgart? Share your experiences!