“Extremely satisfied with this hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten

You added Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten to your Saves list
Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schillerstrasse 23, 70173 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #9 of 153 Hotels in Stuttgart
Australind, Australia
“Extremely satisfied with this hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at the station across the road, this hotel is in a perfect location to access transport and other services. Staff are very attentive from the outset. Food is excellent and room service very polite. Room was impeccable and a pleasure to stay in. Well worth the stay and I will definitely stay again. Well done.

• Stayed August 2013
AlthoffSchl0ssgarten, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear RCurie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your great comments to my team. It is a motivation for all of us to read your wonderful review.

Your Team at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have visited Stuttgart many times but this was our first time staying at the Schlossgarten Hotel. It felt like home. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and warm. Our room was lovely with a view of the park at the back of the hotel. Location is perfect...just across from the train station. A highlight was breakfast! Beautiful buffet - seating choices...outside on the patio or inside with a view. Lovely.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AlthoffSchl0ssgarten, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear London.dreaming,

ATHENS, GREECE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

A modernized old building.....decent hotel....nothing special! Overpriced! Clean room and very nice bathroom. Very bad restaurant, not so good breakfast! The staff was really sweet and helpful and the location is perfect! Overall not bad, but not my choice if I ever visit Stuttgart.

Room Tip: Try a room with a view to the station.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AlthoffSchl0ssgarten, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear IZABELA S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

Thank you again for the constructive criticism, this is very important to us. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Your team at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten.
Bedford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The quality of accommodations and service at this hotel is second to none. My family travels for leisure at least twice per year. New York, Western Europe, Caribbean, etc. we have never received the quality experience that we get at the Schlossgarten. From the room to food, everything could not be better. The staff are a prime example of what hotel service should be everywhere !!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Eurojimmy13,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your stay with us; it will be my pleasure to thank the team for providing such an excellent service to you. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and thank them for making your stay special.

Thank you again so much for your positive comments about our hotel. It is a motivation for all of us to read your wonderful review.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Your team at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent three nights here. The Summerfest was going on for the week and the music kept us up the first night. The hotel graciously moved us to a quieter room. The breakfast is awesome and hostess and staff at restaurant were lovely and welcoming. The hotel wasn't luxurious for a 5 star but it was comfortable and convenient. I would stay again and definitely recommend it. It is located in very easy walking distance to the train and centrally located for easy sightseeing and shopping. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room and it was fine. If your room is small, our first room was... Ask to be change...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CAMNYC1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your great comments about our warm and welcoming staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and thank them for making your stay special.

We agree with you and are very proud of our location, on one hand in the middle of the city center and on the other hand directly next to the park.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed with my family at this hotel in June 2012. Before I just held some meetings or dinners there and it was good.

That time I decided to stay a couple of days in the hotel with my family, below message describes in detail what went wrong.

No answer from hotel, I sent several reminders to different emails, even Leading hotels...

the only reply was the general invitation to customer satisfaction survey.

In any case, a very strange response during our stay and also after my critics.

For sure this is a hotel I want to avoid and will not recomend to anyone. They might have some problem with a void superiority mind.

Bostjan

------ MESSAGE I INSERTED ON THE WEB PAGE -------
Dear Mr. Braun,

Last weekend I decided to stay for two nights at hotel with my family.
And I must say this was complete dissapointement.
Shower in the roomdid not sink water. And this is not a problem, it happens. Problem is the staff response. On the first day I asked three times to fix it.
On second day asking 4th time they only suggested to change room. I said no problem, do it.
The staff relocated us to 2nd floor tohether with luggage. When we came to the room, dirty laundry (which was on the floor in previous room) was mixed in suitcase with clean underwear. Togeher with that they packed also shoes...
I would not expect this even from 2 start hotel in Germany. And we are not in Africa.
When we came home we only discovered that we are missing one white charger for IPAD and black for IPHONE. This was lost by relocation from one room to another. I exect this has been found in the room and will be sent to our adress.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AlthoffSchl0ssgarten, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Bostjan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Please have noted that we will contact you personally as well.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent location right out of the rail station unrpass and tourist info right there. Near city center and all shopping. There was no one there greeting at the door when I arrived or left. There's no separate concierge desk but staff was helpful with city tours etc. The elevator is extremely small. The junior suite we got was great, luxurious, beautifully appointed with a walk in closet. Got turn down service each night without asking. Lovely. Requested quiet room, away from elevator and got it. What I really hate is when I they a new hotel, and get a room with NO view. Is was it. I was facing some office windows. Also, ceiling has no buffer from upper level noise. I had to call front desk about loud steps, jumping I hear above me. For a leading hotel of the world, this hotel could have warmer staff, better welcome at the door, and larger elevators. Also, A/C in my room was very weak. There was a heat wave in the city and the temp in the room let like mid 70. Not a good A/C.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floor, away from elevator where cleaning staff has storage etc.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AlthoffSchl0ssgarten, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear agnes9971,

Your Team at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten

Been to Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten? Share your experiences!