“Very nice hotel ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flora Hotel Moehringen

You added Flora Hotel Moehringen to your Saves list
Flora Hotel Moehringen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Filderbahnstrasse 43, 70567 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Stuttgart
Prague, Czech Republic
“Very nice hotel ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's a very nice hotel I was there for a business trip and there wasn't something I didn't like except for the agonising slow Internet.
The staff was very kind and helpful the breakfast well made and the room clean.
There were also some nice restaurants and kebabs I the area.
The connection to the center was very good only 20 minutes away.
Over all a very pleasant time there.

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

I stayed one week over at the Flora Möhringen hotel while I was exhibiting at a trade fair in Stuttgart/Leinfelden.
The room was spacious and comfortable. Because the hotel is off the main road, it was quiet. Price was fair enough (130€ with breakfast) in this time of year where it is really busy with business events.
Beware that you should book a parking place in advance to be sure to have one as places are limited in their underground parking (+6€ / day).
Free flawless wifi.

The staff is friendly and professional.

I missed the possibility to eat on the spot (there is no restaurant) but there are plenty of restaurants in the surroundings so not really a problem actually. You can get any type of food within a 5 minute walk (pizza, German-style restaurant, kebab, ice cream...).
There is also a convenience store only 2 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

A group of us stayed here on business when at an exhibition near the Airport. The location was good, a short taxi ride away, and the rooms were a decent size, comfortable and clean.

Breakfast was good, and we found a very good restaurant nearby, recommended by the hotel.

If I returned for another exhibition, the only reason I could think of for trying anywhere else is in order to be a little closer to the airport. Other than that, this hotel met our needs perfectly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I just moved back to Stuttgart, Germany after five years away. We needed a place to stay that was close to where he's working and pet friendly, since we brought two dogs with us. I typed "pet friendly hotels Moehringen" into my favorite search engine and Flora Hotel came up at the top of the list. We originally reserved eleven nights at this property and ended up staying seven.

Our room was very comfortable and clean. It had a sofa, a desk, free WiFi, and a comfortable bed. The minibar included beer, soda, and candy and it was reasonably priced enough that we actually used it. There was an underground parking garage which cost 6 euros a day and offered ample spaces. A sumptuous buffet breakfast was included in the rate. Most of the rooms had little balconies or patios, which was a nice touch. Our room had a television, but I don't think it was hooked up; we were never able to get it to work.

Our dogs were welcome at the Flora Hotel, though having them cost us an extra 10 euros per dog per day. This hotel is in sort of a busy area, so finding a good place for the dogs to do their business wasn't all that easy. I finally found a patch of grass near the train station, which is within walking distance of the hotel. It conveniently had a city maintained trash can on it.

There are plenty of restaurants around Flora Hotel, including a great biergarten that serves excellent Greek food.

The housekeeping and breakfast staff is very friendly and helpful. Not everyone speaks English, but my husband and I found them very helpful and nice. The grounds are also immaculately kept and beautiful.

One thing I didn't like so much about Flora Hotel is that there's a lot of noise from the street and church bells. Our room also backed up to someone's home/business, so after a long transatlantic flight, I was awakened from a nap hearing them play ball in their yard. One time, they were grilling and the smoke and aroma went into our hotel room (the windows were open because it's August and there's no air conditioning). Though it would have been alright had we not had dogs, it wasn't so easy with them around, smelling the meat and hearing the party going on next door.

Overall, though, my husband and I liked this hotel and would recommend it to anyone needing pet friendly accommodations somewhat close to Kelley Barracks. It served us well for our first week as we search for more permanent accommodations.

Room Tip: If you want more privacy and less noise, ask for a room in the main building. Should be okay if you...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Flora at a great price. It was conveniently located in a nice residental area in Stuttgart, sorrounded by bars, resturants, bier Gardens, shops, and a train station two blocks away. The stay was more than friendly and accomodating. My room was a combination of Germany-stlye decor with modern conveniences such as wi-fi, ect. To top it off, they offer a delicious breakfast that started my day off right. I highly recommend this hotel. You'll love it the way that I did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor offer a wonderful view of the town.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kosice, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for almost two weeks, and it is definitely to be recommended.
Rooms are nice, clean and just big enough, request a non-smoking room in advance though if you are sensitive to tobacco smell. Smoking rooms don't stink as such, but you know someone smoked there.
Staff is very nice, not everybody knew English, but they always made sure you will be helped somehow.
Breakfast was okay, but that might be just me eating it for too long. In any case you can get anything different in vicinity for breakfast or a light evening meal.
Despite being in a really quiet place, everything seems to be within walking distance, several kebab places, nicer restaurants, pharmacy, supermarket, public transport.
I don't know what to add. Except maybe ask about the three day tickets for the public transport at the front desk, they are very cost effective.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Clean comfortable rooms. Food very good too. Stayed for two nights and was very impressed. Would stay here again. Booked in for my husbands birthday and we went to see the Motor Museum . And enjoyed it immensely would love to go again if other venues were available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple