“Nice quiet hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Azenberg

You added Hotel Azenberg to your Saves list
Hotel Azenberg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seestr. 114-116, 70174 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #25 of 152 Hotels in Stuttgart
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice quiet hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed here recently on a short weekend break to Stuttgart. Although not in a central location there is a good bus service only 5 minutes walk away. It is clean and quiet although the rooms are a little bit on the small side. There is a decent size indoor pool and spa. I would stay here again but would probably pay a little extra to have one of the suites in order to have more space.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
UlrichBauknecht, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Azenberg, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thanks a lot - we feel glad that you enjoyed your stay in our house!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Everything was wonderful. Shiny&comfortable rooms, kind stuff, good location. Close to bus stop on the way to center and main metro station. It takes 15 minutes to main metro station by walk and 3 minutes by bus. I'll prefer again if i'd come again to Stuttgart. Recomended..

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have mixed feeling about this hotel.

Here is what I loved:
- the location; walking distance to great food places and shopping
- the staff was super friendly
- the breakfast bar was great, lots of choices; fresh bread won me over
- outdoor garden area / patio with WiFi and electrical plugs
- the bathroom was very pleasant and clean
- for a small hotel the wellness center and the spa is truly impressive
- all rooms had wifi

What I did not like:
- dated rooms
- no restaurant, and only a small bar (you could order snacks)
- no safe and no minibar in the room
- the bed was small, and so was the comforter
- no temp control in the room
- for the price I expected a lot more compared with other hotels in similar price range

Overall I would probably stay in the hotel again, mostly due to the location, outdoor area, and the breakfast bar. Definitely choose a small room vs full. The size difference is miniscule compared to the price.

Room Tip: Pick a small room; Full are more expensive and not much bigger
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
UlrichBauknecht, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Azenberg, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your interesting review. The feedback of our customers is very important for us. We are glad that you would coose to visit us again though you mentioned some points of criticism either.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Due to delayed travel arrangements I phone the hotel to advise the that I would be late arriving, only to be told that they did not have my booking (which had been confirmed by expedia). Arriving at the hotel this was not resolved and I was given a room which was very small. The following morning I was told that they had lost my booking in the email SPAM filter. The service was poor - I spent 15 min alone at the bar with staff walking past before I was served. Finally the room charge on the bill was more than that booked with expedia. I travel to Stuttgart on business frequently, but will not be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
UlrichBauknecht, Manager at Hotel Azenberg, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you very much for this important information. We have just checked the case and talked to all involved employees. And we have to apologize, you are right, we did some accumulating mistakes. It first started with the wrong handling of your reservation provided by expedia.com we read a wrong arrival date. You called us and with the call you have given us, we have had the opportunity to realize the mistake and to solve it. But we didn’t. Finally we let you wait on the bar.
We are really sorry. We talked how this could be happen and how we can prevent mistakes like this in the future.
You mention the room size and the charge. The room you have been in was the booked SMALL ROOM and the charge was exactly the amount which was sent us by expedia.com. Please send us your copy of your reservation.
sydney,australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is rather out of the way unless you have a car however we really liked it, our room was spacious and very comfortable (though bathroom is miniscule) the staff were delightful and the breakfast was excellent. We also enjoyed the pool and surrounds. Unfortunately there is no restaurant nor anything particularly close. They do have a cosy bar though.

Room Tip: pay more for a larger room, ours had a lovely lounge area
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
UlrichBauknecht, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Azenberg, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thanks a lot for this really nice commentary! We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Milan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Room was in the low end of the 3* category (cold, no safe, no minibar) but thanks to HRS the price I paid was correct (i.e. it was not "a deal" as advertised, but just its correct price: for the official price I surely would asked for another room).

The rest of the hotel is very nice, warm and helpful people at the reception, good breakfast.

Spa zone was really 4* but I'm not sure you can rate the whole thanks just to a part of it.
Anyway swimming pool really warm and cozy, with artistic dreamlike paintings on the ceiling and walls, by some local artist.
Sauna was shut off and wasn't clear if I had to book for it in advance and pay extra.

Good position, in 20' walking you are in Charlottenplatz. Ich liebe Stuttgart.
I could be back, but surely not for a 4* price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We rang the hotel looking to book two single rooms to be told they were full. We searched online for two single rooms and surprise this hotel was available at €115.00 inc breakfast. I rang them and booked the deal available. When we arrived we were told that there were only double rooms available at €145 no breakfast inc. They told me the girl had made a mistake and we would have to pay the extra. We eventually ended up in 1 single room and 1 double @ €115 with no breakfast. My room was musky and smelt of mould. My friends room was very small. The staff made out we were at fault and if it was not for the late time of day I would have turned on my heals.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Azenberg? Share your experiences!