“Great for a longer stay, large room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SI-Suites

You added SI-Suites to your Saves list
SI-Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plieninger Strasse 101 - 107, 70561 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #12 of 153 Hotels in Stuttgart
Ontario
“Great for a longer stay, large room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stay here for one week in Jun, the hotel is around 20Eur from the airport by Taxi. Parking is around 15 Eur per day, its underground. Had a delux suite which was very large. Seperate Kitchen with a micro wave, fridge and disher, no stove or hot plate. Bathroom has lots of room with a tub/shower. Living room can sit 4 at the table, and a smaller table on the deck for two pers. Had a TV (flate screen in both living room and bedroom, Lots of storage in the hotel room as two large closet for cloths and a safe in the bedroom. Rooms have no A/C but can put the shadeds down over the windown during the day, room stayed a very nice temperature. Breakfast was 15Eur, very good with a large selection, they also have a place where you can get a coofee to go free. They have a small bar at the lobby which is very nice, all staff speak english. As located in the Si center, there are around 6 or 7 addational resturants to choose from, traditional german, English Pub ect. Just up the street was a little takeout that had excellent fast food. To go down town it was aobut 20 min on the UBAN (Train) that departs every 10 min from the SI center, cost one was was 2.60Eur, this was an excellent way to go down town - ask the front desk and they will help you out, also was a taxi stand across the street - staff is great. Conclusion - for all my travells in Europe, this was probally the largest room that I have stayed in, strongly recommend to anyone and would go back in a minute.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel room with kitchenette and one near the airport and /or some of the US military bases, then this hotel might be just the ticket for you. If you are looking to be close to the downtown area of Stuttgart, there are likely better options.

-- The staff speaks English well and was very efficient in the four nights we were there.

-- The rooms are plain but are spacious and have the above-mentioned kitchenette, a balcony, TV with plenty of channels, room safe, and even a reclining chair (along with another chair and table).

-- The bathroom was clean and spacious and everything worked well.

-- Near the hotel are a variety of restaurants ( just to name a few-- the Dubliner, a place with German food, a "food court" with a variety of options) where English is regularly spoken to their many international visitor customers.

-- An UBahn stop is nearby and there is a "convenience store" attached to a nearby gas station. So you can travel to the downtown area of Stuttgart but you need to take the Ubahn or a taxi. The Ubahn will take some time and the taxi fares could add up if your focus is the downtown area.

-- A few areas for jogging nearby, including a public park-like area right outside the hotel.

The hotel was built in a very "modern" style. Some find this a bit stark. What I mean here is that the hotel is divided into several buildings called "blocks" and are strictly functional with exteior passageways to get to the rooms. Room decoration is at a minimum. Not necessarily a problem, but you might want to know this in advance. Some aspects of this style ironically can leave some people with a sense that the decor is "dated" because it can seem like what some past generation saw as modern. Again, I don't see this as a problem, and it does not reflect the hotel's service or cleanliness. I would prefer, however, not having the big metal key to carry around. Seems like they could move away from using those.

This hotel and the nearby buildings are sort of a little village apparently designed for entertainment (movies, musicals, and restaurants) and for those visiting to do business or attend a conference. I, therefore, recommend you consider what your goals are. I was there for four nights doing business south of downtown Stuttgart. This hotel was good for that purpose. During my downtime I liked that I could take the UBahn or a taxi to other parts of the city but don't think I would stay here if my focus was more in the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cambridgeshire UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

After events at the Ibis Hotel Airport/Messe earlier, we were directed to this aparthotel by an extremely helpful receptionist at the Hotel Domero over the road. The receptionist at the IBIS seemed to only want to call Accor hotels, but after door knocking at Hotel Domero, the chap made some phonecalls and located two rooms.

SI-Suites is one of those interesting venues, in that you can see it from everywhere but can't actually find out how to get in. Consider it was after midnight, it was quite frustrating but finally we established it was Parking Lot 4 and we entered the underground car park. Checking in was very quick, considering they had no prior information about us, Rather expensive for a single night, but if you were based here for a few days on business it would be a competitive base.

We were given 2 rooms, one in block A and one in Block D. Blocks being the operative word. As you climb the outside stairs (I couldn't get lift to work in Block A and was on floor 6), its pretty depressing and I actually wondered if this was what prison was like ? - Grim grey colours every where and as I approached my room - I actually was prepared for a padded cell. It was noticeable as I walked along that all the rooms had the windows above the doors open for ventilation - Block A was clearly a smokers block as well.

I opened the door uneasily and was stunned to see the inside. This apartment was bigger than my old flat, with a bathroom, kitchen area, lounge area, twin beds and from what I could see maybe a balcony. I arrived at 00.35 and left at 04.45 so it was dark all the time, so no idea if it was balcony, Well decorated, clean and overall a very pleasant environment that I could easily spend a week living in. However if there was a negative it was the smell. The room stank of stale smoke but then if I had booked properly rather than just turned up I would hope I would have had a no-smoking room.

Not really anything else to add, should I grace stuttgart again in the next year or two I think I have just found home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Altrincham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012 via mobile

The first thing I was asked to do upon check in was to pay for my 2 rooms in advance. Breakfast also had to be signed for while at the table. Rooms are Ok but very noisy and do not have air conditioning.

• Stayed February 2012
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel staff speaks excellent English and are very helpful. Over Christmas all guests received chocolates and over New Year's we received a very good local sparkling wine.

Breakfast is most definitely worth the €8 and on weekends includes more bubbly.

Tip: Pay for the business internet, the complimentary is throttled and has a max of 500MB.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the special music suites.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
West River, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here this past summer, while I was there on business. I choose this place because it was the lease expensive place to stay because I did not have to purchase two hotel rooms. Since I had Myself, my wife, and my teenage son, most hotels required my to get two rooms or would require me to rent a roll-away, making staying at their hotels more expensive. SI-Suites have very big rooms that fit all of us easily, plus it had a small kitchen area with a refrigerator, which came in very handy for saving money on meals. There is a grocery store with-in walking distance. Also, the U-Ban (METRO, Subway) is only 2 short blocks away from the Suites, which is the best mode of transport to use while going in and around Stuttgart. I would recommend staying here if you need the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Garmisch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Pros: Clean, large room, great breakfast and across the street from at least 6 restaurants.
Cons: Not comfortable, not convenient--for example, the only TV was in the sitting room portion of the suite--none in the bedroom; nor was there a wastebasket in the bedroom--only a tiny one in the bathroom (which did not have a tub); Noisy neighbors. Further, I received an envelope in my room addressed to someone else. When I took it to the front desk, my colleague was there also with an envelope addressed to a stranger. Lack of attention to detail on the part of the "20-something kids" manning the front desk.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to SI-Suites? Share your experiences!