Let´s be clear: Calling this hotel "City Center" is a little cheeky. You´ll need to spend 7-10 Euros cab fair to get there, if you don´t want to walk 15 minutes from the main train station in Stuttgart - which is probably as close to a city center as you might reasonably expect.
But there was a friendly welcome after arriving late early in October which was nice. The German approach to small talk is always mixed but it resulted in a minor upgrade in this medium sized business hotel. The rooms as not cramped and everything is laid out with the traveller in mind, but I was surprised to have been told that I was getting a large bed. Do not ask me what a small bed looks like No minibar in the room, but a bar downstairs open at least until 11pm, if you want a drink in the hotel. As there is little to visit in the immediate surroundings, and the hotel positioned on a main road, you´ll probably choose the bar. Good breakfast buffet with probably everything that you might expect and efficient if not unusually warm service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Stuttgart City Center offers 174 modern airconditioned rooms and is located in the north of Stuttgart, 800 m from the main train station and the city centre. The international airport and the Stuttgart exhibition centre are 15 km away and easy to reach by car or public transportation within 25 minutes. The hotel also features a restaurant, six conference rooms, a bar, high speed internet and wireless access and basement parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Stuttgart
- Accor Hotel Stuttgart City Center