“Beautiful, cozy hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel zur Weinsteige

You added Hotel zur Weinsteige to your Saves list
Hotel zur Weinsteige
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hohenheimer Strasse 28-30, 70184 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #24 of 153 Hotels in Stuttgart
Frankfurt
“Beautiful, cozy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights to visit friends. The hotel is well located, handy to downtown and very close to the Ubahn stop. It's on a busy street, but the double windows kept street noise out. Our room was beautiful, with carved wood furnishings and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in Europe. The jetted tub was a very appreciated bonus on the Valentine's Day weekend! We didn't get to eat in the restaurant (although the menu looked delicious!) but breakfast was excellent- the usual spread of cold cuts, cheeses and breads with eggs cooked fresh to order. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. It was a peaceful and romantic retreat. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Due to a delayed flight we arrived late well after the designated latest check in time, but rang the hotel who told us no problem. A pleasant greeting on arrival and shown to our room on 3rd floor. This was at front of hotel above the tramway but the double windows were so efficient that we were not disturbed by any road noise. The room was very warm and although we turned all temperatur controls down to zero we ended up opening the window to cool the room.
Breakfast is extra at 10 Euros but wide choice - cereal , fresh fruit, cheeses, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, toast, etc etc so well worth the money.
Staff were all very helpful and had good command of English. Reception explained how to access the tram and suggested three day pass at 14 euros which allows access to all trams/trains/buses etc. Nearest tram stop 100m from hotel - 3 stops to main station.
We went specifiaclly for the Xmas market which was only about 20 minute walk but did require negotiating a fairly steep flight of steps.
Ate in restaurant one night (in top 10 in Stuttgart) and although fairly epensive was an excellent experience.
Amazing koi carp in pond in back courtyard - which have won many awards.
Room clean and well equipped.
We mentione dthat the mini bar was not working and were not cahrge dfor the beer we had had - a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It was my first time in Stuttgart and was not expecting such a wonderful hotel just within walking distance to the city, and also just across the street for the train stop. It was at the beginning of winter and my room was at the backyard, which meant I had to walk a short distance outdoor. Yet I happily do it daily for 4 days, since it was very pleasant walking passes the koi pond and the nice landscape. The staff was very friendly, including the restaurant staff who went the extra mile bringing me my hot coco during very busy meal time. The room was nice, spacious and had all the facillities I needed, and on top of it all, the price was affordable. I will return one day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Woetz recently during a two week European vacation. There are some very positive things with the hotel, and some significant drawbacks.

First the positive - amazing service, gorgeous hotel. The staff will do just about anything you ask them too. The restaurant is awesome, some of the best food we've had on our trip.

However, the negatives will prevent my wife and I from returning. The hotel internet is free but pretty unreliable. Whether trying to catch up on work email or upload family photos, this can be very frustrating. Second, our room lacked a temperature control and it got hot and stuffy. We ended up opening windows (in the winter) to make the room sufferable for the night. Lastly, the garage is tiny, only eight parking spots, so be cautious if you are arriving in a car.

Those negatives are really a shame because the place is pretty fantastic.

Room Tip: Make sure you request an inside room; the hotel is on a busy street. Also, smoking/non-smoking requ...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

If managed correctly could be a better place. Here are my comments on the hotel:
- got confirmation at the reception that that have a King bed installed and not b 2 joint beds as requested when booking. Didn't find that and when we asked why they reasoned by it was big enough!
- reluctant query if I needed help with the 2 travel cases we had.
I asked to cancel my 5 nights stay; so they upgraded us for a suit. My wife asked if there would be additional charges incurred, they confirmed no. The second morning the manager tips us it was a mistake and we will have to pay the difference from here on and apologiesed for that mistake. Had to move back and forth with all our luggage. We still find it annoying and funny.
- killed a spider that stands as big as a man's palm after getting a confirmation no insects are on board.
- bathroom toilet I was filthy and seemed add If it was never cleaned.
- no AC in the rooms, I found it too hot. Maybe the radiation was on and didn't I notice it since we weren't introduced to it's location.
- alot of unused scrap was stored beside our room so the view on our way in and out was extremely annoying.
- did not try the food but had s look at their own buffet breakfast and I can assure you I now have more items in my mini bar than this bidet had to offer for breakfast.
- in door huge tub/jacuzzi was very appealing to be honest, over all didn't find the overall qualify deserved EUR 250+ worth it.
- around 25 to 20 minutes walk to were the action is; shopping, restaurants, etc.
- hotel uses a Classic in house theme.
-they helped and called a taxi for our departure
- hotel is in front of the tram/U bahn, so do not expect a quite room before late evening.
- free room wi fi
To sum up:
- service 1/10
- location 5-6/10
- cleanliness: 3/10
- furnishing quality: 4/10
- atmosphere: 4.5/10

Will go there again? NEVER.

• Stayed November 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Woertz at the end of my boyfriend's business trip/beginning of our little European getaway. If you are looking for a traditional, chain hotel experience than Hotel Woertz may not meet your expectations. But if you want an experience, with wonderfully personable staff, beautiful and interesting decor and accessbility to Stuttgart, then please check out the Woertz. The first room we stayed in was a little noisy as it was facing the street, but the room was pleasant, clean and comfortable. Another reviewer complained about the TVs, but to be honest, we never even turned it on. The hotel restaurant is expensive, but the meal and service you receive is phenomenal. We ate at the hotel to celebrate my birthday and ordered the chef's wine pairing seven-course menu. We were so well attended to, the food and wine pairings were phenomenal and we had such a wonderful evening. I believe they only did one seating for each table, so there certainly was no feeling of being rushed along. When we came back on our return through Stuttgart, we stayed at the Woertz once again, this time in the castle which was much quieter. We took many pictures throughout the hotel of the carvings, window displays and other decorations. The staff were wonderful, caring and just plain fun. If you want your trip to be memorable, rather than generic, please take the opportunity to visit the Woertz.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for only one night while passing through Stuttgart, but we were thoroughly impressed. Our welcome was warm and the hotel owner went out of his way to make us comfortable and offer his help. Hotel room was lovely and spotlessly clean, as was the whole grounds. Recommend eating their breakfast--it's great and not too pricey!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel zur Weinsteige? Share your experiences!