I had booked a Superior room on Advanced Pay rate, and a few days after booking, I received an offer which would have been a few euros cheaper for a higher category of room, coupled with the ability to buy breakfast at a 25% discount on arrival at the hotel.
Upon arrival, we had to wait about 15 minutes to check in, as there were only two members of staff on the reception. I inquired if we could purchase breakfast at the discount price, and was gruffly told no, that is only for customers on the special rate (therefore if you see a rate with the discount offer, book that as otherwise you won’t get the chance).
Our room was comfortable and well presented, with a very modern bathroom, on the fifth floor near the Zeppelin Spa. The spa facilities are modern and well maintained, and are a great place to relax – facilities include a pool, steam room and sauna.
The breakfast buffet is excellent, albeit expensive (see comment above) at EUR 25 per head if it is not in your room rate. There is a wide selection, and it is regularly refreshed. The only criticism is that we were shown to a table which had not been cleared, so we had to wait whilst it was ‘refreshed’, however we had to ask for it to be redone as the tablecloth had a stain and one of the cups was dirty.
There is a car park under the Hotel, it is a public car park but the hotel has a private section with access to the lobby – the automatically opening doors are a major bonus when carrying luggage! You can leave your car at the entrance and let the porter park for you, but I prefer to park myself. The charge is EUR 20 per night which isn’t too bad for city central parking.
We ate in the Hotel one night, we were seated in Zeppelinos but chose a Swabian meal from the Zeppelin Stuble menu (the kitchen is the same for both). The service was friendly, even though it was quite empty, presumably because it is at the higher end of the price scale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ,,Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin" is one of the top addresses in the swabian metropolis of Stuttgart. Following extensive remodelling, the hotel inspires guests with a mix of timeless elegance and modern design. The 117 luxurious rooms and 38 suites not only offer mere comfort, they also exude an ambiance in which you will immediately feel at home. Red lacquered surfaces create exciting accents against the elegant dark woods - while the warm colour tones, leather and fabrics invite you to simply sit back and relax. The rooms' technical equipment also leave nothing more to desire: flat-screen TVs with connections for notebooks and MP3 players are standard in every room category. Three restaurants offer Swabian kitchen to award-winning cuisine, an exclusive cigar lounge, a breathtaking spa, 11 modern conference rooms: the Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin is at the puls of the city. The WLAN is free of charge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin Stuttgart
- Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin Hotel Stuttgart