“Hard to find the stars of the hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin

Save Saved
You added Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin to your Saves list
Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arnulf-Klett-Platz 7, 70173 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (Hauptbahnhof)   |
Ranked #8 of 154 hotels in Stuttgart
“Hard to find the stars of the hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

They take the special requests on reservation not to do it, did not change the sheets for 4 days, hard to find a staff in spa to get the steamroom and sauna on inc weekends, also hard to be served in cigare lounge, need to wait for a while. Would not say it is a five star hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Graf_Zeppelin, Manager at Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Mr. SalihErs

thank you for taking the time to give us some very useful comments about your experiences at the hotel.

I am very concerned to read that your stay was not as special as you would have liked and want to offer you my sincere apologies for the inconveniences.

Feedback about our service is important to us in order to make improvements. I can assure you that we will be taking action on the points you raised.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Graf Zeppelin in the future.

Sincerely yours

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I looked at reviews it appeared this was a 5 start hotel - although it is a good hotel would not say it is a 5 star. It is extremely handy to the main train station - right across the street. It is also handy to the main square and Christmas markets a short walk. We had a large room with twin beds. The beds were okay - each had two of the smallest thinest pillows I have seen in a hotel of this quality. The room also did not have a coffee maker or tea maker - have come to expect this in hotels and was surprised not there. There is a starbucks across the street in the train station. We also found the room quite warm - it was December - and appeared the air conditioning wasn't working and we had the heat turned off. We opened the windows to cool the room down but we were on the main road so too noisy to leave open. Used the gym - it was fairly small with only about 5 machines. But no water cooler only a jug of water which was almost empty and not refilled while I was there. Room itself was quiet when the windows were closed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear traveller

first of all: thank you for your feedback. All feedback from our guests is important to us as your rating of the services offered indicates to us if we are meeting your expectations.

I was most concerned to read your comments and would like to offer my apologies that your stay was lessend by a few inconveniences.

I do hope that you give us the opportunity of restoring your faith in the Graf Zeppelin during your next stay in Stuttgart.

Yours sincerely

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My experience at the Steigenberger Hotel in Stuttgart was good. The location is conveniently right opposite the main train station, and in a walking distance to the main shopping street.

The room on level 5 (the highest at the building) was surprisingly (for European standards) spacious, the bathroom a bit small though. Breakfast was superb - maybe this is what I sometimes miss at Asian hotels given that I like the German style breakfast with a lot of choice.

Conference room facilities were good and plenty of them available. Therefore, the hotel is certainly good for business events.

Staff is very helpful but not particularly friendly.

The downside of the hotel is that they do not offer frequent flyer points - at least not for the rate I had and which was already over EUR 169 which I found not that cheap. Maybe I am used to Asian hotel prices and comfort, and have forgotten how expensive German hotels can be.

Overall, a pleasant stay though.

Room Tip: Level 5 has good rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Graf_Zeppelin, Geschäftsführer at Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Mr TomSydney

thank you for taking the time to give us some very useful feedback about your experiences at the hotel.

Feedback about our service is important to us in order to understand where we are getting it right and where we need to make improvements, and I can assure you that we will be taking action on the points that you raised.

I am looking forward welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Conn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

1. Check in was efficient, but the room not ready when I arrived at 1230 (it is 300 check-in so not their fault) and I was told that the room would be ready in an hour. I asked where I could have lunch after my overnight flight and I was directed to Zeppolino for lunch. Make sure you ask if breakfast is included in the rate since they neglected to tell me mine was included.

2. I returned in an hour and the room was ready. On the first floor facing away from the train station and major road so it was extremely quiet. My initial inspection was that It was clean, with good tv, lots of channels, good sized desk and two comfortable chairs. Bathroom was spotless, shower water pressure was excellent. Some of the toiletries were missing; the TV speaker in the bathroom was broken and the towel heater did not work. Bed was on the hard side with no pillow top. It took a night to get use to it. The pillows are all feather. I was so tired it did not matter but this could be an issue for some.

3. Lobby area – I really liked the lobby area. It was very comfortable and the servers were spot on with the service.

4. Fitness Center – located on the fifth floor in the Day spa. Don’t expect much, very basic with a few cardio machines and a single multi-position weight machine. The photo on line is basically it.

5. Lunch at Zeppolino’s – incredibly overpriced. There were 5 people in the restaurant and lunch took 35 minutes to prepare. Hamburger was €23 (the menu on line has the wrong price) and was just too large, overcooked beyond belief and not tasty. I did like all of the flavors of the toppings with the spicy jalapeño peppers, lettuce, tomato, bacon, cheese, roasted onions and pickles. The Potato wedges were undercooked and still hard on the inside. Overall this was incredibly disappointing experience and for €35

6. Breakfast on level Z – I almost wish it was not included in my rate. It was a rendition of pathetic, bad cruise liner buffet. Fifteen minutes after opening, with less than 10 people in the restaurant, the eggs were gone, most of the salmon was gone, and the rest looked badly picked over. I asked if I could order from the menu and then it required over 20 minutes receiving 2 poached eggs. I could not wait so asked for a simple coffee to go.

7. Dinner – As much as I felt the lunch was overpriced and the service was slow at breakfast, Zeppolino’s at dinner had another gear to downshift. The salad of greens with poultry livers and potato dressing was fair. The greens were drenched in dressing and the livers were ice cold. Then the steak and onions arrived and if this were served in the US it would have been sent back. For this price (~€36-40), I would have expected a descent sized steak, but this looked like the kitchen ran out of food and was cutting steaks in half to serve. Although it was perfectly cooked to medium-rare, and the flavor was good, the highlight of the dish was the onions, again, I am not sure what they do in Stuttgart, but they are experts in grilled onions. Then the bottom fell out and dessert arrived. One word comes to mind, inedible. The sweets were about as bad as possible, just horrible. Given the option I would never spend this kind of money for this lack of quality.

Ratings are for the hotel part. The restaurants would receive all "1"s for bad service, quality, value

Room Tip: For a quieter night take a smaller room facing the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Traveller

thank you for your very detailed feedback on your stay at the Graf Zeppelin.

I do take your comments very seriously. Is there a chance you could contact me directly, so I can address my apologies personally and hopefully get more information about the details of your stay?

I hope to hear from you. Merry Christmas to you and your beloved ones.

Sincerely yours,

Belgrade, Serbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Hotel is named as five stars . But, nowhere (even hotel pencils or slippers) where you can see it. Why? Is it because it is barely four? A solid, clean hotel with a good breakfast in the center of town. Nothing at not 5 star, but realize that there is no feature exists. 120 euros per night, without breakfast (26 euros per person), you will not be sitting in the lobby, it's cold, too, and in other public areas, room heater will not work either. Fortunately, there were over 10 c.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveller

I am grateful for your feedback and for the time you spent to comment on your stay and I would love to find out more details on the points you missed for the hotel to feel like 5 stars.

Feedback is most valuable for us to improve our services and meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to talk in person next time you stay or if you would like, please contact me any time.

Yours sincerely,

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was really perfect. The location is in the heart of Stuttgart, right by the central station and next to the main shopping street of the city.

The rooms were so convenient; they had thought about every little detail! From a music player you could put your ipod in, a tv you could spin to watch either in bed or in the living room-section, a little shelf under the sink for your toiletries, a separate shower and a separate bathtub, to bathrobes and slippers. Every little thing you ever miss in a hotel room, you will find in the rooms here.

The rooms were huge (superior rooms) and the style was perfect. The second you enter the spa section, you can feel your shoulders drop, and you already feel relaxed (even when you're just on your way to the pool. The service was amazing as well.

Highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Alsa T

thank you for your comments and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Graf Zeppelin!

I will certainly forward your commendation to the teams and hope you will visit us again at some point in the near future!

Merry christmas and a happy new year to you and your beloved ones,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wonderful hotel, very nice big room with a huge bad, very comftibel wash room good bath and shower and a very nice tv. We had dinner in the room, room service quality was good. Parking service makes it easy to check in. Clean and good smel in the room. Form price it is the right value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Arie2212

thank your for your positiv feedback which I will be happy to forward to our teams.

We are looking foward welcoming you soon again!

Yours sincerely,

Spiridon Sarantopoulos

Been to Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin? Share your experiences!