“Efficient, friendly & good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kronen Hotel Stuttgart

You added Kronen Hotel Stuttgart to your Saves list
Kronen Hotel Stuttgart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kronenstrasse 48, 70174 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (Hauptbahnhof)   |
Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Stuttgart
London, United Kingdom
“Efficient, friendly & good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Good points: the breakfast was extensive as previous reviewers have mentioned with many, many items hot & cold. Location was 10mins walk from the main station in Stuttgart and therefore also well positioned for the U- and S-Bahn. We opted for a “Comfort” room which basically gave additional space than the standard rooms. I don’t think this was wasted money although I didn’t see the size of the standard rooms. In our room on 3rd floor we had electric shutters on the outside of the windows that could be adjusted using switches in the room. I enjoyed using these and could adjust them to totally block out all light from outside, it was totally pitch dark in our room after that! The bar in the hotel was useful for having a nightcap before turning in for the night, it’s not a bar with a great deal of atmosphere or excitement but we enjoyed having a drink or two before going to bed. However one night the barmaid had no ice which was slightly surprising for a bar! I also liked the confectionary bowl placed on a table in reception which contained a variety of sweets, toffees, caramels and gummies. Good for braving the snow and ice – Stuttgart had the heaviest snow for October in decades while we were staying.

The negative points: no free wifi. I think the wifi was €10 for 24hours and in this day and age one shouldn’t have to pay for wifi which should be considered a standard commodity like water, heat and light! Also I didn’t really like the pillows on the bed – I personally found them a bit too big. The bed was, however, very comfortable apart from the pillows.

I would definitely recommend Stuttgart for a long-weekend away. On one day we took the train to Heidelberg which is very picturesque and pretty, even in the sub-zero temperatures we experienced! I would also recommend a day trip to Esslingen am Neckar which is another quaint picturesque German town about 30mins from Stuttgart by train which is nice to walk around – try climbing up to the Burg and take in the views across the vineyards back to the town. If you like beerhall type restaurants for dinner, I would recommend Calwer Eck Brewery, good food and beer brewed on the premises.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bishops Stortford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights 5/6/7th October, and yet again I was delighted with my stay. I had stayed in this Hotel in June, and I am pleased to say it is still of a very high standard. The room was spotless with a nice bathroom and large shower. The staff are so helpfull and printed out my return flight boarding card. The breakfast is the best of any Hotel I have used in both Europe and the U.S.A. You cannot go wrong by staying in this Hotel, and it is a short walk from the central station. Well done to the management and staff who run this establishment...a quality service.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 458 which overlooked the street. Quiet at night but noisy through the day due to b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Weston, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I chose this hotel based on prior reviews here and it really is a great hotel for your stay. We received wonderful service from the employees here. We arrived early in the morning after a long flight from the US and the first thing we did was head for some breakfast. After traveling the next 10 days through-out Germany I can confirm, this hotel had THE BEST BREAKFAST of the trip. It really was exceptional -- a gourmet feast! The hotel is not in a spectacular area, but...it is clean and safe and near the train station which is a real plus. Room was very clean, bathrooms were very pleasantly spacious and just overall we enjoyed our brief stay here. Would definitely return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night in July. The neighborhood isn't much but it's close to the station (go underground in the station and walk as far west as you can, then you'll come up on the far side of the Kriegsbergstrasse, a lot better than going straight out of the station). The hotel itself has great staff; the rooms are a good size and our room was quiet and comfortable. And the breakfast was perhaps the best I've had at a German hotel. We enjoyed this hotel more than the (much more expensive) Hotel am Schlossgarten where we stayed last year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
beograd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very friendly hotel, extra friendly staff, a special plus for Francesca,
Room spacious and clean, the bed comfortable, air-conditioned rooms, a bathroom has everything you need, breakfast was fantastic, served on the ground floor and a large garden with tables where I had breakfast. The choice of food was great.
At night, the hotel was in a happy environment, a lot of the restaurants and clubs that do not make noise, this is a very safe and quiet neighborhood, close to the HB and the main street in the city, everything is close. An excellent choice, unless you have a lot of luggage to take taxi to hotel, if you do not have a lot of luggage you can walk.

Room Tip: look to garden
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel it tucked away from the hustle and bustle, but no more than a 6-7min walk to main shopping strip. The staff speak good English, and are super helpful, particularly when I asked for an internet connection in my room.

The room itself is a little dated (single bed), and the shower dumps a whole lot of water on a wooden window frame which consequently has seen better days. There is also no a/c. It looks like the hotel is mid-way through a revamp - eg. the corridor outside, and door looked super modern and somewhat out of place with the inside of the room.

The breakfast is quite good as others have said.

I used their parking garage, which was okay, and nice and safe, although a little damp smelling.

I would stay here again, or look for a hotel a little closer to the main shopping area, as ultimately in the evening, that is where you need to head to eat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Bishops Stortford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel from 26/06/12 for 2 nights on reviews supplied by Tripadvisor. The Hotel looks plain from the outside but then you enter into a world of 5 Star service. I arrived at about 1300hrs and while they allocated my room, a coffee and snack were provided. The staff throughout the Hotel were very helpfull and polite, the bedrooms were bright and clean with a nice shower in the bathroom. The breakfast variety is of the best I have encountered, in any Hotel I have stayed in. The Manager should be proud of all his staff . Some reviewers had difficulty finding this Hotel, and as a retired London Police Officer...I am very aware of good directions. From Airport take S train 3 or 5 to the Central Station...cost 3.50 Euros. Head for the Main Concourse, and exit station via steps adjacent to the Intercity Hotel. Coss over the road to the front of the station then turn right. Walk past the Steigenberger Hotel on your left , then turn left onto Friedsrichstra.. The next junction is Kronenstra. which runs left to right. Turn right and walk towards the next junction...cross over the road and the Hotel is up on the right. Follow this route and you will find Hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th Floor room 451...very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Empfangsmitarbeiterin at Kronen Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are always happy to receive a feedback!
Also thank you for your nice description from the main station to our hotel. Nobody should have trouble finding us now!

We would be happy to welcoming you again!

Best regards