“Excellent Business Class Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maritim Hotel Stuttgart

Save Saved
You added Maritim Hotel Stuttgart to your Saves list
Maritim Hotel Stuttgart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seidenstrasse 34, 70174 Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #33 of 154 hotels in Stuttgart
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Business Class Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

* The Maritim Hotel Stuttgart is an excellent business class hotel.
* My wifi connection in the room was excellent. Actually better than most hotels.
* It's centrally located but at least a 15 minute walk to the Konigstrasse.
* The Alte Reithalle is right next door.
* The hotel bar has an excellent outdoor terrace, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Cemetery.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mmaier_stu, Assistant to General Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear guest,

All we could say is Thank You for this kind post at tripadvisor.

Nice to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next planing to stay in Stuttgart.

Kind regards,

Matthias Maier & the MARI-TEAM

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We were bumped from a hotel close to the train station and they booked a room for us here. It was acab ride from the train station. The front desk people were very nice as it was 10:00 at night and we were cranky. The room was a suit and was spacious but so outdated. It was a long walk from the front desk. We didn't eat or use any of the facilities. I watched English tv and we were charged for that along with a charge for Internet. I wouldn't book this hotel if given a choice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
mmaier_stu, Assistant to General Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your post at Tripadvisor.

It is right, that our hotel in Stuttgart – open since 1993 – is not comparable to our newest hotel in Düsseldorf. But our headquarters provide each year an investment budget to renovate and improve the older hotels. Unfortunately, we could not name a concrete time window for these works for Stuttgart.

We have CNN, BBC and Sky News as English TV channels free of charge. For further TV channels, we have our SAT on demand at 5.00 € per day, so you don’t have to book the complete internet package.

Stuttgart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a decent hotel with very friendly staff. There is an annexe called the Park Wing which overlooks an 18th century cemetery which is a very unusual feature. Some of the decor could do with updating and the internet access is not free, but otherwise a pleasant experience to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

mmaier_stu, Assistant to General Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your post at tripadvisor.

Looking forward to your next stay with us,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers a pleasant stay for a business trip in Stuttgart. The rooms are big and very clean. The breakfast buffet is excellent. You'll also find a small spa area with a gym that is equipped with the most useful training equipment. There is unfortunately no free wifi, and rooms toward the street are a bit noisy.

• Stayed April 2013
mmaier_stu, Assistant to General Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this kind post at tripadvisor.

For your next stay: Just give our reception team a hint; if we are not fully booked, we should be abled to arrange a room away from the street.

Niagara-on-theLake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

these features, along with the amazingly good Front Desk staff, moved this from a 3 to a 4 rating... the hotel room is spacious, and likely the quietest I have ever been in (I was in the annex).. but it does need a little updating - I did not find the bed nor pillows to be overly comfortable; the shower ran undulating hot/cold..and the single bed spread could make you pretty hot and uncomfortable in the middle of the night..and a minor thing...I could only control the lights from the door...and of course the first night I almost broke my toe trying to navitgate back to my bed!! maybe a light switch near the bed?

I think this chain could take a lesson from many North American hotel chains who cater to business/frequent travellers in ergonimics and services - I was surprised the wifi was not included and I had to pay Telekom for a hotspot which candidly, did not run well; I was not made aware of any continental breakfast/coffee service in the morning....

For the hotel corporate office: do you really need to have someone knock on my door to ask if my room was clean enough..? I know you want us to believe you care about your guests, but I think this was just plainly annoying, especially as I was stepping in the shower...if something is wrong, maybe you should trust your guests to let you know.....

I think I was expecting a bit more as it was in the more expensive class for hotels in Stuttgart and no doubt, the front page of the website for the hotel adds to that (it is not a picture of the hotel..but of the local chateau!!... silly me I guess...!) ...

so...clean, safe, quiet and devoid of any distinguishing features really... but yeah, that staff was pretty good...

Thank you very much for your post at tripadvisor.

The problem with the changing water temperature is known at the hotel and is due to the structur of the water pipes. But our technical department is working on that issue.

Usually there should be a light switch for one of the lights beside the bed. Just send us your room number at info.stu@maritim.de and we will have look to the room. Perhaps it doesn't work properly.

Yes, the internet is not free. The Wifi is provided from the Deutsche Telekom because it is the only comany which could handle the amount of access points we need here in the hotel. The Telekom is one of the biggest telecommunication enterprises in Germany and the use of the Hotspot is free for many of their private clients.

Beside our big breakfast buffet, we also provide an à la carte breakfast with different choises at our Café ESPRESSO. Just ask our reception team at your next stay, they will show you the location.

Yes, our housekeeping has to check every room after the cleaning if it is completely clean enough. Usually, we do this at a time when most guests aren't in the room. In this case, the colleague met you. So, sorry for disturbing. If you are in the room over the day, just hang out the "do not disturb" sign, so they know, you are in and won't knock.

The picture of the Neues Schloss (new castle) was choosen, because it is a well known building of Stuttgart and guests will recognize the city on the picture. But yeah, it would also be a great hotel location ;)

Thank you very much for the compliments to our staff, we will forward these.

Kind regards from Germany and see you your next time in Stuttgart,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel has seen its day. First of all, the front desk is chaos so checking in is an adventure. The rooms are old fashioned and, if you are put in the annex, quite far from the rest of the hotel. When I checked in there was no offer to help me with my luggage...not typical of any four star I have stayed in. The beds are too soft and my room smelled of smoke, even though you are not allowed to smoke in the hotel. The televisions are old and there are no toiletries, other than nasty shower gel, in the bathroom. Hairdryer on its last legs too. Breakfast is very good and the bar is fun, if in a bit of time warp. The WiFi situation is dire. They make you buy from T Mobile but it doesn't work well and T Mobile does everything to make your purchase difficult. One thing for sure is that I will never, ever use T Mobile as my main service; they stink. If you complaint to the hotel, they just throw their hands up. Fellini's restaurant up the street is excellent and there is a good German restaurant on the corner behind the hotel. You are also walkable from downtown. However, if I come back here again, I am going to choose another hotel. This one just doesn't measure up.

Room Tip: Avoid the annex and the street side of the main building.

Thank you very much for your post at tripadvisor.

Yes, sometimes it could be really a bit busy at the reception / in the lobby, for example, if all members of a group with 150 people arrive at the same time.

It is also correct, that there is a little walk to our park wing. But for this, the rooms are even quieter then they are in the business wing.

The inattentiveness with your luggage was indeed not the usual standard at the hotel, perhaps due to the "chaos" you told of. We apologize for this. We have already talked to our front office management how we could improve the handling.

The shower gel is provided in these "big" dispenser because of environmental reasons. The dispensers could be refilled and produce less waste than small bottles for each guest.

The WiFi is provided by the Deutsche Telekom because it is the only provider who could handle this big amount of access points we need at the hotel.

We are very sorry if we couldn't fulfil all your wishes but would be very happy to welcome you again at MARITIM Hotel Stuttgart and be able to convince you of our high quality standard at your next visit.

Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at the above hotel. I stayed in the so called Park Wing which is very quiet but you need to walk more than 100m from the reception to get there.
Although you see that the hotel is not new, it is in a very good condition. Rooms are very spacious and clean. I missed a bit a flat screen TV. The bathrooms of course were not modern as well but everything was working very well.
Parking is with 20Euro/night a bit pricey.
WLAN is provided by an external provider (Telekom) and costs 4.95Euro/night. Although not really fast, it works but I did not manage to download my mails on my business Laptop which did never happened before to me (fortunately it was weekend;))
Compared to other hotels in Stuttgart, it offers a good value for money (unfortunately, it is very hard to find really high-end hotels there which in addition are well located).
If I would need to stay in Stuttgart again, I would choose this hotel again but due to the network problems not for business purpose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
mmaier_stu, Assistant to General Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your post at tripadvisor.
Nice to see that you felt well with us.

We would appreciate to welcome you again, also for business purpose. So if you have again problems with the wifi, just contact our reception and we will speek to Telekom, our partner providing the wifi, to fix it.

Kind regards from Stuttgart,

at MARITIM Hotel Stuttgart

Been to Maritim Hotel Stuttgart? Share your experiences!