“Love technical things. Kids do, too.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Technoseum Mannheim (ehemals Landesmuseum fuer Technik und Arbeit)

Technoseum Mannheim (ehemals Landesmuseum fuer Technik und Arbeit)
Museumsstr. 1, 68165 Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 18 Attractions in Mannheim
Type: Museums
Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
8 attraction reviews
“Love technical things. Kids do, too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The only thing I don't like about this is that I can't stop and read things because my kids constantly get lost if I do. Take my advice, and take another adult with you if you go. I'm tempted just to go when they are in school, but then they wouldn't have the chance to learn something (and have fun in the process).

Visited June 2012

Sacramento, California
51 attraction reviews
“Fun for older kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The museum is easy to find and it has plenty of free parking. It's a perfect place to go with older kids (I think 6 and up would do much better than my preschoolers). We payed 12 Euro for the family ticket. You start at the top level "A" with some hands-on experiments. There are quite a few "assistants" throughout the entire museum that can help you at certain stations. I personally found it a bit annoying that they were following us around making sure we weren't touching anything we weren't supposed to. The museum set up is very nice and easy to follow. It looked like there were bathrooms on almost every floor. You finish at the bottom floor which has more "hands on" experiments for kids. Very nice museum, but like the previous reviewer said, it has ZERO information in English (or any other language besides German for that matter).

Visited June 2012
Malaysia
“It's great especially for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Was here in April 2012. There's only 1 setback here. No English map / brochure / labels / any written explaination. I'll have to start with this because otherwise I would have rated it 5 stars. It feels rather incomplete for someone who knows nothing about German language like me.

The cashier at the ticket counter was polite but can hardly speak any English. I made my way and realised that they were nicely separated into sections and different floors. The science experiment section was fun especially for children. There are people stationed around the place if you need to ask a question and they can speak English. There's a cafe inside if you need a bite.

The variety of what one can see is good, from autos, sewing machines to plastic extruders.

This place is just a short walking distance from Luisenpark.

Visited April 2012
Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
19 attraction reviews
“best museum for kids i have ever seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

hundreds of experiments for kids ready to do in a nice and well explained setting

Visited July 2011

Travelers who viewed Technoseum Mannheim (ehemals Landesmuseum fuer Technik und Arbeit) also viewed

Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg

Been to Technoseum Mannheim (ehemals Landesmuseum fuer Technik und Arbeit)? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Technoseum Mannheim (ehemals Landesmuseum fuer Technik und Arbeit), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.