“It's not a Premier Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B&B Hotel Mannheim

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mannheim
B&B Hotel Mannheim
You added B&B Hotel Mannheim to your Saves list
Will-Sohl-Strasse 7 | 68163 Mannheim, 68163 Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Mannheim
london
“It's not a Premier Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

You know the Premier Inn adverts, the ones with Lenny Henry. We this is like a Premier Inn without Lenny Henry. It's on the outskirts of Mannheim. It's right next to the motorway, it has no facilities whatever but it has clean, comfortable rooms, a decent breakfast, on site parking and it's cheap. I wouldn't base myself here for a fort nights tour of the Rhine Valley but for a few nights attending the Grand Prix at Hockenheim or for a night in transit it's fine. It has on line booking, online payment and online check in (they text you the room access code). It's also part of amEurope wide chain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My experience of the B&B Hotel is in contrast to one other English speaker who found the place "scary".

I was booked into this place by a business colleague who worked not far from the airport. It has comfortable rooms, and I had no problems with sleeping even though my window looked out over the main road. It is basic, but clean and well appointed.

There is a tram stop just across the way although I did not use the tram.

Breakfast was very simple and had a limited choice, but I guess for the type of hotel it was Ok.

I did not use the Hotel facilities for evening meal, but walked a couple of hundred metres across the road and under the road bridge. There is a popular bar there called Lindberg, which had nice food, a pleasant outdoor area and live music if you wanted it. There were all sorts of people outside ranging from guys with big motorbikes, to bicycles, Mercedes, Porches, and your normal family cars too.

I did not at any point walking about or in the area feel "scared" to be a foreigner there.

I would use this hotel again without concern.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I needed a room in Mannheim for a business trip on short notice. There was some sort of event going on downtown and the B&B was the only hotel with availability. When I first saw the hotel, it seemed rather new (probably built in 2011 or later, if I had to guess?). However, I quickly noticed the surrounding area. Right across the street is a house that is caving in, and just off the back parking lot is a house with junk piled high in the yard. Check-in was simple and the room seemed clean, but very basic. They do have an iron, but you have to ask for it at the front desk, and there is no board. No hair dryer in the room either. I had one with me, so I don't know if they have some they could loan out or not. Breakfast was 7 Euro and it was fine - your typical budget hotel buffet.

The beds were a fine place to lay your head, but by no means comfortable. The shower was fine, and the water pressure was actually quite nice.

As I mentioned, this was the only hotel with rooms available during the time of my trip, so we really had no choice. Although the room rate was cheap, it's about 25 EUR round trip to get to / from Mannheim by cab for dinner or whatever you'd need to do. So, that really adds up and adds to the overall cost of the hotel. They mentioned that there were some restaurants close by, but I did not feel safe in that part of town and I wouldn't dare walk around there - especially at night!

One of the most important things I wish I would have known is that the front desk CLOSES at night. I had an early morning train to catch at Mannheim Hbf and called down around 5:00 to arrange for a cab. No answer. So, I walked down a few minutes later and the gates at the desk were pulled down. After unsuccessfully trying to reach a cab company on my own for about 20 minutes, I ended up calling another hotel where I'd stayed before and they called a cab for me. Luckily, the cab came quickly and I made my train. But this could have not ended so well if the other hotel didn't come through for me! If you need an early morning cab, be sure to arrange for it the night before. Suggestion for the hotel: put a sign out by the front desk that has the phone number for local cab companies. This would have been a lifesaver in my situation!

I attached a couple pictures - one of the room and one of the lovely junkyard view from my window (back side of hotel).

Room Tip: For safety / a better sense of security, I would recommend a room on a higher floor. Also, consider...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

LOCATION
Located in the Mannheim district of Neuostheim, not in the city center, but with good connections with public transport.

ROOM
Small basic room without frills, but clean and with a comfortable bed. Not much closet space.

HOTEL FACILITIES
Free wifi, which I didn't try, so I cannot say anything about the quality. The hotel also offers breakfast.

SERVICE
Friendly and efficient.

VALUE FOR MONEY
Absolutely - if all you need is a clean room with a comfortable bed for a good night's sleep this is a place I can recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

basic motel type hotel.located close to mannheim city, across the road from the airport and just off the autobhan. we stayed one night travelling from frankfurt to stuttgart. room had twin beds abit low to the ground. a television. a compact shower and bathroom. no kettle in the room however in reception there was a coffee machine and a vending machine selling sweets choclate and beer..!!! car park was large however we couldn't find a parking space., hotel must have been busy. we ended up parking on the grass outside our room. we have stayed in b&b hotels and they are great for a nights sleep when you are travelling on to some where else. reception is not twenty four hours outside opening hours you can use the automated check in system

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in the family room. It has a double bed and a bunk-bed. Basic, clean, nicely decorated and colorful room. Free car parking. Very good breakfast.
At this rate we found everything that we needed.
Althoug the location is out of Mannheim city center and on a highway, the room really quite one.
High quality/value ratio!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pordenone, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I am currently writing from the BB Hotel, we are going to check out tomorrow morning after a two night stay. My husband had been here before and we stayed together at the twin property at Frankfurt Hanh before (see the review), and we weren't disappointed with this hotel. Big room (a family one, with three beds), clean, nicely decorated and colorful, of course basic, this is not a Four Season but for the rate of 60 euros/night we had everything we needed. Sky was also included in our Ldc tv, so, what else?
Of course the location is not awsome, out of Mannheim city center, we actually were with our car so we did not mind it.
We would for sure be back! High quality/value!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to B&B Hotel Mannheim? Share your experiences!