“Excellent food & Great attention. I nice surprise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kommoedchen

Kommoedchen
Marienstr. 1, 76137 Karlsruhe, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (Südstadt)
+49 721 3505884
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 464 Restaurants in Karlsruhe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Südstadt
“Excellent food & Great attention. I nice surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

A nice place, not too big but with a great food in an interesting menu with several options each one is good choice. Something remarkable is the quality of the service, they made me feel at home and they took care of every details to made us feel very confortable. This is not a cheap place but it worth it.

Visited July 2013

“Nice food, but expensive for germany.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a good dinner but we found the bill High compared to what we eat. Also the dinner was not so light, lot of sauce. Service is Nice!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kisjulya
“Really disappointing starter plate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went to Kommodchen today with my wife. Restaurant's interior is very nice and pleasant. I looked at appetizers, they looked interesting. There also was "starter plate" for 2. I asked wether this is a mix of all appetizers, and was told that this is correct, and there is even more on the plate. When I got this 25 Euro appetizer, I found there standard German breakfast, something I had in hotel the same morning: standard smoked salmon, goat cheese, sliced smoked pork, pate, and some crawfish with mayo. This was not what I expected at all, other appetizers where quite different. There was nothing on this plate that was cooked in the restaurant - everything was standard food from supermarket. And why would you offer in fusion restaurant standard German appetizers for regular beer cellar. It was quite a disappointment at a painful price of 25 euros. They should remove this from the menu, or offer some thing better.

To be fair, main meal of grilled shrimp and beef with mushrooms were quite good. But I would not go back.
They have some good food, but I doubt this is the best restaurant in Karlsruhe.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
california
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

During a recent businesss trip, I went to the restaurant with a co-worker. We were greeted on arriving and had excellent service during the meal. Found a variety of items on the menu. The salads were great and huge. The pumpkin ravalios were delicious. The other meals I saw looked great. While the menu is not large all the items were not the traditional German pork-laden items. A great break from the normal fair. At the end we were offered free after dinner drinks with the bottle left on the table.
Will retun on my next busienss trip.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mary Esther, Florida
“Lucky surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Unexpected because unknown before, we just dropped in and made reservations. Great food, awesome service, wines, Grappa... See you again next year guys!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere