“Top Notch Restaurant in Germany” 5 of 5 stars

+49 07131 84628
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 130 restaurants in Heilbronn
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Top Notch Restaurant in Germany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

After reading dozens of restaurant reviews I came across this restaurant. It wasn't in my trip route but after the very high reviews I decided to add it to my route. I am glad I did, this restaurant was amazing. I read where reservations were highly recommended but weren't able to make any so when we showed up the beer garden area was completely full for lunch. The waiters asked us to take a seat inside and they'll let us know if one becomes available outside. It wasn't long before one became available.
Staff was frantic serving tables quickly but once the lunch crowd lightened up our waiter was able to breathe and provide excellent assistance with the German menu. He offered an incredible Weiss Burgunder local wine and made his recommendations for food.
We started with an incredible bruschetta with field greens and cured country ham the chef made himself. Was sublime, paired perfectly with the local white wine.
From there it continued to impress; food & service was all amazing. The menu is a creative take on traditional Schwabian cuisine.
I intercepted our waiter inside and told him one of our guest had a birthday so he quickly created a dessert dish with "Happy Birthday" on it.
If you are anywhere near Heilbronn I strongly suggest you make reservations and eat here. It was, by far the best meal I had on my Germany trip. And ask for Eric.

• Visited August 2013

96% Recommend
Munich, Germany
“Cute!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

located under the court house this restaurant is modern in a classic setting. the food is really good traditional german food a bit pricy but totally worth it!!! the service is great and there is a wonderful patio to sit outside and enjoy the city square

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Restaurant in Heilbronn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is the best restaurant in Heilbronn, athough competion is not very fierce. If you want to enjoy local food, get decent portions and good quality, this is the place to go. The location is great: city centre in the basement of the city hall. I will come back any time!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Druten
“Very good restaurant on nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had diner in this restaurant several times.
Every time good quality.
Is always full with people , so make a reservation.

• Visited February 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Food is delicious, service is prompt and courteous. Enjoyed dinner here most recently before an evening on the Theater Boat as part of the dinner and theater package.

We've also in the past enjoyed some wedding receptions, lunches, and dinners with family and friends. We've always enjoyed our meals and never had a bad experience.

• Visited July 2012