“Funny place - won't go back” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Geneva, Switzerland
“Funny place - won't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I went late at night and ordered a Jameson as listed on the menu. They were out of this drink, which seemed a bit odd, though it isn't their specialty I'm sure. I have no idea what their speciality could be though. It has an interesting traditional atmosphere, but it is neither well-kept nor well-preserved. Maybe better in the morning.

Visited November 2012

New York
“Huge Bug in My Salad!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We saw this place while walking around Heidelberg. It looked good and had a large menu. My husband ordered pork and I ordered a salad. The waitress took a ridiculous amount of time to get us our drinks, take our order and then bring our food. When my salad finally came, after a few bites I noticed something strange. It was a huge green caterpillar in my salad. I was sooo disgusted, my stomach was turning. This thing was the size of my pinky finger! The people sitting next to us saw my reaction and asked what happened and when I told them, they were also disgusted. They called the waitress over and spoke to her in German about it. The waitress apologized and spoke to the manager. He never came over to apologize or see if there was anything he can do. The waitress said that I could either get another salad or whatever else I wanted off the menu. After seeing this huge bug in my food, you really think I want more food from this disgusting place? My husband lost his appetite and couldnt eat anymore. We asked for the check. The waitress informed us that the manager said we would not have to pay for the salad but everything else we have to pay for. YEAH THANKS.
DO NOT GO HERE. It is a waste of time and money.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food and attractive location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We enjoyed another very good meal here, having dined here tow years ago. The food is delicious and served very hot and fresh. The service was very nice, efficient and quiet. This is our favorite place to pop into while enjoying an evening in Old Town!

Visited November 2012
Heidelberg, Germany
“Interior stained glass worth a visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Perkeo is conveniently situated on the Hauptstrasse in Heidelberg. It has a large sign with the famous "guardian of the giant keg" Perkeo beckoning you entry to the restaurant! Right inside the entrance you will find a smallish seating area with the nice looking bar directly ahead of you. Venturing further into the restaurant it expands into a larger and much lighter part with more seating. The stained glass ceiling and windows in this area are quite lovely. Though obviously not centuries old, the stained glass is still quite beautiful and lovely to look at while you dine. The food in Perkeo is good and the menu quite large with weekend/daily specials advertised. It is in german and english so easy for the non-english speaker to peruse. They have a large breakfast menu as well as all manners of appetizers/salads/meat/fish/duck, etc. The regular menu is mostly what you would expect in a german restaurant and then they have the daily/seasonal menu. The staff were attentive, humorous, and spoke english well. My salad with chicken was large and came with fresh bread. My spouse's "special of the day" of duck with pineapple sauerkraut and croquettes came with a side salad was quite tasty! The wine was a nice chilled, dry pino grigio. The meal ended with cappuccinos. All in all, a pleasant experience. We have visited this restaurant in the past and have had various items on the menu and each time we left satisfied. For those wishing for a good meal without worry of a language barrier then I can heartily recommend Perkeo both for it's food and atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“great place for brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Outside seating on the Haupstrasse or an inner courtyard. Good breakfasts. Inside full of fun pictures. Have eaten there several times and always have a good meal. Menus have English.