“Great food, authentic local workers” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food, authentic local workers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I ate here twice during my visit in Heidelberg and would go back. The 1st time was during lunch on a weekday during a slow time, we had 2 five year olds (who are well-mannered) with us, we ordered pizzas and the waiter was patient with us. The food is delicious!!!! So, I went back a 2nd time with my husband for dinner on a Saturday night. Again the food was delicious! The waiter was good, he came back to check on us a few times with is rare in Germany. I did notice that on a Saturday night when the restaurant is busy the employees will do what they need to do, for example we saw them kick-out a young bachelorette party that seemed drunk. I think this is why some other reviewers didn't five this place 5 stars, because the waiters aren't afraid to do something if it keeps all the other patrons happy. So, go here knowing that you or your children will need to be on their best behavior. Overall, I recommend this place and would go back because the food is awesome! Staff is ok. You can sit outside or inside and will have views of the Holy Ghost church. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2012

Fort Lewis, Washington
“A taste of Italy in the middle of Germany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Spaghetti Sinatra. That should be enough for you to try this dish. My work had me at Heidelberg and I ventured into this place longing for some pasta. I was delighted by the wonderful taste of Spaghetti Sinatra. I had returned to this delicious destination 3 nights in a row. I must admit I liked so much I had it twice. The other plate of Linguine al pesto was also very good. My wife liked the Mussels and spaghetti one night. She raved about the Artichoke starter also. Salute!

• Visited April 2012
“Major dissapointmet!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

We had felt in love with the food and staff. But as we continued to visit more often the same nice super friendly waitress that always took care of us began to get from loving us began to get rude, extremely slow and nastier. Until we decided we will not set foot again. Also the food portion kept reducing by the continued visits. Yup, dissapointed. Great cappuccino, but nasty sweet tiramisú!

Will not go again, and do not recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buenos Aires
“Nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This restaurant was recommended at our hotel and they could not have given us a better option! Suggestions and meal were great. Staff is children friendly.
Would come again!!

Visited February 2012
Heidelberg, Germany
“For Italian in Heidelberg, this is the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

This is an authentic Italian restaurant, from food to service. Be aware that this means that nobody is in a hurry, and if (inevitable) mistakes are made, they're not considered a crisis. Last time we were there, the waitress accidentally brought me a pizza instead of the pasta I'd ordered. She apologized, then fairly well demanded that I eat the pizza while my pasta was being prepared. When she came back in a few minutes and nobody had touched the pizza, she was horrified that it might go to waste..."You eat the pizza! You no pay for pizza!" Hilarious and charming, if you have the right attitude. The pizza was, as everything we've ever eaten here, fabulous. The pastas are to die for and they serve the best tiramisu we've ever had, anywhere, including Italy. Go in with an understanding of and appreciation for cultural differences in service, and you will have a fantastic meal and enjoyable dining experience. Buon appetito!