“A solid 4-star hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Qube Hotel Heidelberg

You added Qube Hotel Heidelberg to your Saves list
Qube Hotel Heidelberg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bergheimer Str. 74, 69115 Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #12 of 79 Hotels in Heidelberg
“A solid 4-star hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have recently stayed at this hotel the night before our flight out from Frankfurt. We were looking for a simple and comfortable hotel for one night in transit before we head to Frankfurt after a long drive. This hotel definitely did not disappoint. It is a good solid 4-star hotel that is clean, relatively spacious (we could open 3 suitcases without any problems) and quiet (with double glazed windows).

It is located at the outskirt of the city center of Heidelberg, which is less than 5 minutes drive away. We eventually took the bus to the Heidelberg Castle, which the whole trip was about 15 minutes from the hotel and very convenient. At night, we took the cab back to the hotel. I would say, park your car at the hotel and take the public transports.

We were told that this hotel was one of the two new hotels in Heidelberg. As this hotel is relatively new, all the decos are very new with contemporary style. One thing we do not like in the room (or we cannot stop laughing about) would be the mood lights. Minor issue as you could just turn it off. The service is excellent as everyone has been very helpful. There is also a garage underground but you must reserve your space beforehand as the spaces are very limited.

The price performance ratio of this hotel is high, considering that we have paid under EUR100 for the night for the room (excluding the parking and our nice bottle of wine at the bar that night).

Also, the bar / restaurant is a very nice surprise. I will write another review in the Qube Restaurant. I definitely will recommend to go there at least for a drink. The restaurant manager has made us feel very welcome and he has been very courteous. His English is really good so I do not have any problem communicating and having a nice conversation with him.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been staying at Qube with my wife and 17 month old daughter for a long weekend and was totally blown away by the service, cleanliness, sizable rooms and the overall value for money. I have a very high standard when it comes to hotel, but can say that Qube has lived up to all my expectations. I will stay at Qube every time I am in Heidelberg from now on, as it is by far the best hotel there. Staff are super friendly and made us feel at home while fulfilling our every wish and being very accommodating, despite us having some special request for our little girl. Can only highly recommend to try out Qube when you are in Heidelberg next time around!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were so impressed with this uber chic hotel! It is fabulously designed with all modern amenities but very comfortable with exemplary service. I would definitely recommend it and we will certainly return. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful and very relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We picked the Qube as they advertised having AC and it indeed lived up to the bill. It was very hot and humid during the time in Heidelberg and having the AC was a great comfort as most hotels do not have it given the limited number of days a year it is needed. It is located on the 22 tram line and the 35 bus line and is a 10 minute walk to the west end of the old town. Walking though the old town is another 30 minutes to get to the far end. The Qube has very pleasant staff and a great buffet breakfast (offered at 15 euros which is a discount if you book the night before). We had a room looking out the back to avoid the tram and street noise (room 306) and it was indeed very quiet. There is a small parking garage in the basement if you arrive by car that is very convenient. It is called the Qube as it is very modern and nothing like the other hotels in town catering to tourists who want old town charm. All in all I would certainly go back. The internet was wifi was fast and modestly priced at 8 euro per 24 hours.

Room Tip: As stated, ask for a rear facing room and avoid completely the street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a great hotel! Very chic and modern hotel with friendly staff. We stayed there with our 4 months old boy and we felt very much safe and secure. Wooden floors throughout the hotel and soundproof windows were just perfect for our little baby who seems to be a bit allergic to dust (and noise!). The restaurant offers variety of well-known/ homemade-type dishes at a very good quality. I had Wiener Schnitzel (my favourite dish when I am in German-speaking area) and it was absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Qube Hotel is young, trendy, uber modern and it made me feel old. Maybe I am just growing out of these types of hotels but it just wasn’t right for us this time.

The rooms felt a little officey (if that’s a word), hard floors, echoy corridors and doors that slamed hard if you let them go. Don’t get me wrong, it was clean and comfortable, all be it furnished by Ikea.

The bathroom was large with a separate shower and bath but no proper toiletries apart from a dispenser of hand soap by the basin and one in the shower. We use a bath so had to buy shampoo, conditioner and soap.

There were also no slippers or robes so when we ordered early morning coffee we had to either answer the door with a duvet wrapped around us or get dressed very quickly. I couldn’t quite understand why they couldn’t just let themselves in once they had knocked! While I'm on the subject, we ordered a large pot of coffee and a pot of Earl Grey tea every morning. The first morning we got a small cup of coffee and a pot of tea, the second morning was a large cup of coffee and finally third time lucky we got what we wanted. Why is it necessary to have to ask for sugar and 'cold' milk when ordering tea?? This is what I mean by feeling old, hotels like this turn me into a grumpy old man and I'm not, I just like things right first time!

We didn’t eat in the hotel but saw the (expensive!) buffet every morning and it looked pretty average. We did drink there every night and thankfully they had tables outside on what was probably the hottest weekend of the year. The service was not quite fast enough as most times we had to go up to the bar ourselves but the drinks were good.

If you are going to Heidelberg as a tourist like we were I would suggest finding somewhere a bit closer to the Old Town as it was a bit of a schlep twice a day, especially in that heat. OMG I am a grumpy old man :o(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were absolutely thrilled by the rooms (incl. Business facilities), Service and Restaurant. A great place to stay in in good old Heidelberg. My wife and I had breakfast and lunch there every day of our stay. The value for Money Proposition is even for Germany stunning. We will go back for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Qube Hotel Heidelberg? Share your experiences!