The hotel is conveniently located just next to the Freiburg Hbf. Room size is standard and very clean with daily housekeeping services. While being next to the Hbf gives you the convenience, the fact that the room doesnt have AC means you need to open the window. So naturally you will hear the trains arriving and departing as we'll as the occasional announcement. I am a light sleeper however wasn't very much affected over the 4 nights I stayed with them.
Staff are friendly to answer all your questions. There are several eating places around the hotel. Wok n Go which is just on the left corner of the hotel serves quite nice wok fried food, but sure not try. The shops are opened very early in the morning so you can grab some German bread at the train station too. The Deutsche Bahn counter staff are very helpful and speaks English. There are also self help machines though be mindful that the machine only dispense coins as change when you buy the tickets. The supermarket opens till ard 9pm while the pharmacy closes pretty early. Overall, a good location to get the essentials and travel around Germany and parts of Switzerland.
Hotel gives free transport card for travelling on the trams and buses. All trams goes to the old town from the bridge. Just 2 stops away.
The airport shuttle from EuroAirport stops directly outside the hotel and 1 way ticket costs €25, while return ticket costs €40. Do indicate to the driver when you board the bus. Otherwise from the airport, the shuttle bus is located just outside the car rental counters and do be mindful to go to the bus that goes to FREIBURG in Germany and not Friboug in Switzerland. euroAirport sits on the French, German and Swiss borders.
Wifi is not free and 24 hrs cost you €14.50 and is continuous usage. So if wifi is included in the room, that will be very helpful.
What to do in Freiburg:
1) Has direct connection to Zurich which is abt 2 hrs away, given that hotels in Switzerland is quit expensive, Freiburg is a good travel base. It has frequent trains to Basal SBB the Swiss region.
2) You may buy a regional ticket (check with DB staff) for €11 to Titisee - visit the lake, take a boat trip or picnic in summer will be fun. Train journey is around 45min n train departs from Freiburg Hbf every start of the hour. At Titisee is where you start your Black Forest tour (do note that there is no organized tours to go the Black Forest, it is mostly On your own trip). hop onto bus 7300 when you alight at Titisee station it is on the right, alight at Feldburg (you will see the cable car station) and take the cable card up to the peak of the Feldburg and enjoy the wonderful view. After you are done, you can either take the bus which you alight from to Todtau or hop onto the bus that is heading back to Titisee and return to Freiburg. If you alight at Todtau, to go back to Titisee, just cross to the other side of the road from the stop you had alight earlier on. (The bus stop sign may not be easily seen, but just cross the road and wait for the bus that returns to Titisee.
3. Visit the old own in Freiburg. Start ard 10am, there will be open market near the church...walk around and feel the German's way of life. Most of the visitors are within the country, you don't see much international tourists in Freiburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterCityHotel Freiburg is centrally located, the main station is situated just next to the hotel. The nearest motorway junction is a mere 5 km from the hotel and it is 60 km to the Airport and the Exhibition Centre in Basle. After a sumptuous breakfast in the InterCityHotel Freiburg set off to see the highlights of the city free of charge by local public transport using your FreeCityTicket which is included in the price of the room. Freiburg has much to offer - in addition to the Augustinian Monastery and the famous square in front of the Freiburg Minster, you can also reach the city centre comfortably by bus and tram for your shopping tour. The InterCityHotel Freiburg has 152 modern furnished rooms, a restaurant and a hotel bar. All 7 conference rooms in the recently renovated InterCityHotel have daylight illumination, modern conferencing technology and air conditioning. The rooms can be used both as conference rooms and as rooms for groups and accommodate up to 75 guests. For all InterCityHotels concerned the usage of the WLAN is free of charge up to 256 KB/s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your InterCity Hotel Freiburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercity Hotel Freiburg Im Breisgau
- InterCity Hotel Freiburg Germany/Freiburg Im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg