“Delicious, Authentic German Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Newbury Park, California, United States
“Delicious, Authentic German Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We just had lunch there. I had the wurstsalat and Scott had the special which was some kind of pork meat patties with spices and herbs, potato and salad. The food was very good. The beer was their own kind, as is the way of German restaurants, and was an unfiltered pilsner, I think. It was very light and delicious and I had no guilt over order a LITER. The service was very good as well, tho we went at 11am, so it was pretty empty, but good nonetheless. The location is nice because it's in the city, but it's outside, under trees and there is a lot of nice shade and ambiance. It's very laid back, which is what we like, so if you like that too, I suggest you try it!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“Best beer in Freiburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am not a passionate beer drinker, however at Hausbrauerei Feierling I drank the best beer I have ever tasted. You can enjoy the fresh drink sitting right next to the brewing copper, which makes the location unique and rustique.

My friends and I had a wonderful time, the service was fast and excellent and a small snack for lunch was also very tasty!

Would recommend it highly!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Affordable and Delicious-- But The English Menu Needs Some Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

They have an English menu that also has translations in Spanish, French, Italian and Dutch. As someone who speaks smattering of all of those languages, I laughed because the more you read the descriptions available in the other languages, the more information you got about what was in the meal. Whoever translated this clearly wasn't too comfortable in English-- or they thought that we wouldn't notice, I guess.

But that said: this is a must-visit on your trip. I'm not a big beer drinker, so their small pint was perfect for me. Also, their beer is delicious-- refreshing, flavourful, light, and even a bit sweet. I think this will be in my Top Beers Ever list.

The food was delicious too-- and affordable! We had fried potatoes with melted Munster cheese and sausages. Very simple, and very good! Our 2 meals with 2 drinks cost 20 Euros. And In terms of tourists, everyone around us spoke German, which was nice to see.

A tip: when you enter, just seat yourself. We waited in the doorway for no reason, haha. Get your table and enjoy!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sweden
“A place that makes you smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Food was plentiful and good. Beer cheap and excellent. Service quick and friendly. This place made me feel welcome and happy.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My son and I ate and drank there twice. Very good German food and beer. I have been to Germany many times and the food, beer and overall experience ranks right up there with other restaurant/breweries I have been to. My grandmother was German and their traditional dishes reminded me of her cooking...really! My son and I had a great time.

Visited October 2013