“Charming decor, with vegetarian and vegan options.” 5 of 5 stars

+49 761 74847
Website
Improve this listing
Westfield, New Jersey
“Charming decor, with vegetarian and vegan options.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I went to dinner with my high school friend and her husband, who live outside Freiburg, while visiting her last week. Decorated for Christmas, the restaurant was especially beautiful, with dark woods, beamed ceiling, and romantic lighting. It is set in a wooded area, still in the city, near a spa, with free parking.

It was the food and service that made this place so special, however. They focus on organic, local, natural food (hence no Coca Cola Light for me), and although they are not a vegetarian restaurant, they had several items for this vegan to choose from. My friend goes here often for lunch with her friends, and she says she has never had a bad meal here. Surely my vegetable broth, followed by tofu schnitzel, were wonderful. The staff is warm and friendly, and speak English. (And they have a menu in English too, though it was missing some choices. Glad my German-speaking friend was there to guide me.)

Although a little off the beaten path for tourists, I really recommend making the effort to find this little gem.

Visited December 2011