“Speechless, maybe because I can't stop eating” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dresden, Germany
“Speechless, maybe because I can't stop eating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Best dining experience I have ever had. We chose the 6 and 8 course dinners. The wait staff was attentive and extremely polite. That right there is a rare find in Germany (although probably not at a 3 star restaurant). Their timing was superb, not overly attentive and not distrait. The wine was excellent. The food was divine. They offer 2 welcome dishes as well as a variety of breads with two different types of butter. The bass with braised brussel sprouts and star anise sauce was heaven. The truffle risotto with braised guinea fowl was delicious and left me wishing my date had more of it on his plate for me to eat! Rest assured, there was plenty more food to come and we were more than full by the end of the night. The cheese selection at the end was very impressive and I was dazzled by the knowledge of the wait staff about it. They will help you pick out the perfect cheese to wrap up your meal.

Our German is not very good, but I wanted to express my pleasure to the chef at the end of the night as he came around to greet each table. Sehr sehr lecker! It was a pleasure and an honor to meet him.

I recommend making this at least a twice in a lifetime experience.

• Visited December 2013

Berkshire
“Amazing meal - and great if you have dietary requirements too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went to Barris for lunch in September and had the four course Autumn tasting menu, my husband also had matching wines. We have eaten at many Michelin star restaurants and can without doubt say that this is the best meal that we have ever had. The food was truly amazing and the matching wines that were selected were excellent.

I cannot eat dairy products but unlike some other restaurants I felt that the chef had really thought about how to make the food dairy free but still pack in the flavour. Despite the meal being sold as four courses we actually had more like eight, several of which were sweet courses which didn't rely on the usual sorbet (normally if you are dairy free each desert course is a different flavour of sorbet, but not here!).

We were slightly concerned when booking as some guests had commented that the waiting staff were a little stuffy. We didn't find this at all, we found them very friendly and helpful and the dining room although formal was really rather nice.

The following day we ate that the Schwarzstube, again for lunch, and although we enjoyed it of the two Barris won hands down. Without a doubt the best restaurant we have been to and worth the trip from the UK.

Dalllas
“True 3 star dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

One of the best meals I have ever experienced. Expensive but a phenomenal value. I could not thinking of anything that could be better.

Visited October 2013
Haifa, Israel
“The best meal I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This restaurant is really three stars. Excellent food, excellent service. Prices are very high, but in my opinion, excellent value. We ate a la carte, but got a lot of extra "in between" dishes. All entrees come with a main dish and two or three side variations. Once in a life-time experience

Reston
“Wonderful in so many ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The meal was delightful - my husband had the 8 course menu and I selected some of the a la carte items (of which there were 3-4 different preparations in each). The room is lovely having a little stool on which to hold your purse or any other item. If 10 is perfection - no flaw to be found- then I would give this meal between a 9.7-9.8. The chef comes out at the end to see what you thought. The sommelier takes your preferences into account. We both loved the meal and would not hesitate to eat, and recommend, this restaurant.