I've travel a lot of hotels over the years for work; this is by, far, the worst hotel. Here are just some of the reasons why:
1. Hotel doesn't allow you to change your plans. If you leave 1 or 5 days early - you still need to pay the price even if you DID'T STAY there
2. They say they have a restaurant. It is a joke. There isn't a host/waiter there to serve you.
3. No fitness center even thought he woman on the phone said they do
4. No receptionist between the hours of 10pm - 8am (even though they claim it is 12-7). I needed cab for the airport at 7am.
5. Wi-fi sucks. Really poor signal through entire hotel (yes, I even asked to change rooms and was faced with low signal.)
6. Right by a busy alley. Woke up to trash/street cleaners each morning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Double room at hotel MERKUR. Autumn 2007 high-quality renovated rooms, equipped with CD-/ DVD-Player, 26' LCD flatscreen-TV, sat-tv, minibar, direct dial phone, safe, and free of charge amenities as wirless-LAN and Premiere Hotel TV channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Merkur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merkur Hotel Baden