“Going Worse...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dorint Maison Messmer

You added Dorint Maison Messmer to your Saves list
Dorint Maison Messmer
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Werderstr. 1, 76530 Baden-Baden, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Messina, Italy
“Going Worse...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am a former guest of Dorint Hotel - Maison Messmer, Baden-Baden. I have to say that it is not my habit to write public complaining messages but this time I felt like I had to, considering that my past email to hotel direction was ignored and my facebook comment on the Dorint's page was deleted!
My first time here was 5 years ago, and since that marvelous experience (I deeply felt in love of Dorint-SPA and in particular of the wonderful steam bath), I have been coming since 2009.
While I am writing this message I am in Dorint and this time more than the other times my consideration of the real quality of this hotel changed in a negative way.
In fact with the exception of the true kindness of some elements of reception staff, I found only bad services, also in the way of guests are treated.
One example?! My first day here, I happily went to SPA to go in the steam bath and it was closed! Nobody told me, both in reception or before my check-in about that. Today it's my 3rd day here and it is still closed! What kind of SPA-RESORT is this?!
The swimming pool water temperature was too cold and not regulated or checked by anyone!
There is almost no employers in the SPA area, for sure less than the former staff.
By the way, 5 years ago the hotel had free LAN cable connection in every room and a free to use internet PC in the reception. Today, the cable connection is dead and there is an awful wifi service (QUITE EXPENSIVE ALSO - should be free for a 5 stars hotel!) which has as "guest login page" languages like Swedish and Greek (spoken by not more than 8-9 millions of people in the world) but not ITALIAN! it makes no sense!
Finally, unlike the past 5 years, this time we have felt to be treated like customers, not at all like attached and frequent guests as we have been.

Room Tip: Rooms on corners are the most comfortable!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Elena H, Manager at Dorint Maison Messmer, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to take the opportunity and thank you for your kind conversation a couple of days ago.

It is a great pleasure that you will give us a second chance in the future. Furthermore we are proudly to announce that internet will be free of charge 2014.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any queries directly.

With kind regards,

Elena Hanusch
Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
los angeles, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I hardly ever write negative about hotels but I feel it is deserved with this hotel. We arrived at the hotel very late due to circumstances beyond our control. We arrived around 9pm with my 80 year old mom. They directed us to our room but didn't think if asking if we needed help with our luggage to our room. They didn't warn us there would be stairs to our room and the lift was not an option to where our room was located. I thought that was extremely rude, especially to an 80 year old woman. We got to our room and couldn't figure out how to get in. I'm a very experienced traveler so it didn't make sense that room key wouldn't work to get in room. I left my mother outside the door and hiked across the hotel to get help. Turned out the last number of the room was 7 and not 9 and he apologized for not writing it more clearly ( put I line through 7 ( European way) and the number very much looked like a 9. After a long way to get to baden baden and the fact they didn't think of asking us if we wanted help with our luggage and acted like it's no big deal that I gad to come back to the desk ( after the long hike) I would never recommend this hotel. This is actually the first negative review I ever wrote

Room Tip: One that you can get to by elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I just checked out of the Dorint this morning after one bad night's sleep. The bed was too short (I'm 6'2") and the duvet was too short to cover my body. I slept poorly because either my feet or upper torso were cold. Seems like they would have traditional bedding as an option. My bill was almost $400 euro for one night, one breakfast and one meal. Not worth it if you're traveling alone and all you want is a good nights sleep. The service however was excellent! The staff always said hello and were extremely helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Having staying in Dorints before, I knew to expect a first class experience. What I didn't know however, was how incredible the location of this hotel was. Step out the front door and onto the beautiful city square, steps from the luxurious casino and an easy walk to all parts of the city (especially the baths!). The hotel itself is beautiful and has one of the prettiest spa and pool facilities I have seen outside of a specialty spa resort. The room was beautiful, comfortable bed, great balcony, and a welcome number of English movies on demand. Breakfast buffet was among the best in our stay, and the bar at night had great piano entertainment and delicious cocktails/beer. Dog friendly too, and it was nice to see some four legged friends after a long journey! Price was extremely reasonable for this level of quality and my only complaint is we didn't spend enough time at the hotel itself!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Godbrange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel has a very cosy and relaxing ambience. Looks as if it has recently been renovated, with taste. We had a really nice service in general from all the staff at any level. People seem to be happy to work there and they really make you feel comfortable!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Staff super helpful if you need English, and super polite. Rooms super clean and the location is right at the centre of everything. If there is something going on at the amphitheatre you can actually sit out on your balcony and watch/ listen if you get a room on level 1. Baden baden is a cool place to poke around for a day or two and the parks are beautiful. Take the mini train tour for a little spin! Breakfast in hotel was buffet mostly meats and cheeses and pastries, yum!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed at the Dorint for 2 nights in August 2012 on way home - so thought this year we would break our journey to Italy by staying in Baden Baden on way there this time. As good as previous year - would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Baden Baden.
Our stay this year coincided with "old timer car meet" which took place for the 3 days we stayed; right outside the Dorint which was an added bonus - albeit the room price reflected an 'event' taking place.
Will return again sometime, perhaps for a Christmas market experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dorint Maison Messmer? Share your experiences!