Its a beautiful old hotel, they remodeled it and all rooms are different in size and shape. They first gave us a 3rd floor room. The elevator only gets to the 2nd floor, we had to climb a very steep staircase to get to our room. I usually carry our big luggage ourselves to save time. There is no way I can do that with these stairs. More surprise when we got in the room-we had to walk down 3 big steps to go to bathroom. I am a senior and go to bathroom 2-3 times at night. I was afraid I could fall at night and break my hips, so asked the front desk to give us different room without the steps IN the room. The 3rd floor must be converted from attic. They should make them maids quarter and not for guests! Some of our other passengers in Gate 1 tour has beautiful room with small balcony facing the Art museum and garden. Try to get those rooms.
Then we got a 2nd floor room. Opened the door, it was a smoking room. it STINKS like hell! Guests prior must smoke cigar or something very strong. We had to open the window to get some fresh air. Found out the heater does not work. So we were cold. By then I was too tired to change to another room. We stayed in the stinky room for 2 nights in the cold. Bathroom heater works, we go to bathroom to warm up. Slept with fleece cuz there was no extra blanket in the room. Tried to ask the maid (a guy), he didnt understand English so we gave up.
The hotel is and old charm. Has chandelier in the room and high ceilings. Bathroom has 2 sinks. Beautiful dining room with chandeliers too. Breakfast is very good. Shower door is only half the door, it always flood the bathroom. Across street is an Art museum and garden where they had Xmas market. Very convenient. Fast free wi-fi in the room. I would stay here again, but make sure to ask:
no 3rd floor room
prefer 2nd floor with balcony
no smoking room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel’s central location at the edge of the pedestrian zone, opposite the spa gardens of Baden-Baden with its world-famous spa and casino, makes it the ideal starting point for many different activities. At the Steigenberger Europäischer Hof the guest will find comfortable rooms, a cuisine with a French flair and a modern wellness area with sauna, massage and beauty treatment. The city of Baden-Baden and the surrounding area are very diversified. Spend a day relaxing in one of the thermal baths, hike or cycle through the Black Forest or the magnificent vineyards of Baden-Baden and enjoy a performance in the festival hall in the evening.The usage of WiFi is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Steigenberger Europaeischer Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Europaischer Hof Hotel Baden-Baden
- Steigenberger Europaischer Hof Baden