“A mixed bag” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden

You added Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lange Strasse 47, 76530 Baden-Baden, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (Formerly Steigenberger Badischer Hof)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 55 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Alton, United Kingdom
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel is reasonably expensive (360 euros for two nights) and it is a real mixed bag...

a) we were in the older part of the hotel (facing the rear) and whilst a reasonable size, they were dated and next door, my friends had a shower curtain which did not meet the bath, meaning a flooded bathroom!

b) breakfasts were pretty nice and plentiful

c) location generally good, close to the pedestrianised area

d) hot pool was fantastic also used the cooler (normal) pool and sauna

Overall, a nice stay .....would I choose to use the same hotel if I came back to Baden Baden?

Probably not if I could find something else I preferred, but I wouldn't mind too much in my travels brought me back here.

p.s. they claim a 100% guarentee with regards to your stay, so if you report a problem and it is not resolved, you will not be charged (allegedly) however, my friend reported his shower curtain on day one, by day two it was still not sorted ...(really, a shower curtain costs what - £20????) but when he tried to point out that the Radisson Blu made this claim, the hotel were less then keen to keep to it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Badhof_Team, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your personal impressions and reviewing our hotel. We are always looking forward to receiving feedback and suggestions, as only you can help us to steadily improve our services and satisfy your desires and needs.

As to the situation of your friend, we are aware of a similar case in which we have allowed a compensation to the guests.

We would appreciate it if your friend could get in touch with us directly to discuss this further.
With kind regards,

Your Badhof-Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel, and I returned because it was a good deal, for a great hotel last year. But this year, the pools was dirty, as well as the breakfast terrace. And the Finish sauna, and the trim-room was closed for service. But the breakfast was great, and I slept well. But the whole hotel looked very old ( as it is ), when it was not cleaned. But, it is possible still a ok deal.. The location is perfect, and they have a garage.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Badhof_Team, Marketing Assistant at Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to reflect on your time in our hotel.
We are sorry to hear that it was not to your full satisfaction. We do apologize for the cleanliness issues, this of course is not standard.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Coolum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed in the newer section of the hotel and while it was still a little dated the rooms were a good size and clean. The garden out look was pretty overgrown and messy. Room service was extremely expensive but the meals we nice and a generous size. The hot pools were great so definitely take your swimmers! Location was great - easy walk to everywhere. Down side would be the noise - other rooms had heaps of kids who made a lot of noise all night out on the other balconies - The room had no air conditioning so would have liked to leave the door open.
Overall a pleasant stay but not sure I would go back any time soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here and we do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay but hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for the last two years on a regular basis (every second week on business) and I have always found it in comparison to other Radisson's shabby. Gradually as the years passed the hotel became worse. First there were the rooms with chewing gum smeared all over the walls, then the bathrooms were left uncleaned and to top it all up was the already tasteless
breakfast, in which I found when lifting the cereal lit, serveral cockroaches. Absolutely disgusting.
I have not been back since. The Hotel is also very loud and pricey. The staff is friendly although patronising when I tryed using my German. Sadly my Russian is not up to speed. I still come to Baden often but I am staying at a different, nice Hotel. This Radisson does not live up to it's name. There are definately nicer Radissons out there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Badhof_Team, Assistant to General Manager at Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Since 3 years we are renovating to gradually beautify our house.
With much to our surprise we read your comments about our breakfast buffet.
We would appreciate it if you could get in touch with us directly to discuss this further.
With kind regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were 4 friends and to get twin beds were told we needed an executive double rather than a basic double and the rooms were really nice. Lots of space and a balcony with sun loungers. We had air-conditioners and had no problem with noise.

Like the others have said the hotel is dated and feels like a 3/4 star. The decor is old. The TVs are big & old and not easy to watch as tucked in a shelf. Don't normally watch TV much when away but was looking for some Olympic hilights!!

One reason we selected the hotel was for the outdoor pool but the outside lounging area was tiny which was a shame given the size of the grounds.

Close to town.

Would go again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to comment on your time here with us.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are constantly working on updating the hotel interior.
We hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Achterveld, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a single room at the side, which was extremely noisy as the hotel is situated on the main through road. There is no AC so windows have to remain open, hence no way to avoid the street noise. When I arrived, I was told to park in the hotel garage which turned out to be full. I went back to the reception, "yes we knew the garage was full (but did not bother to tell you)" and I was referred to a public garage (at a cost of 20E per night). The curtains in my room were broken, room was not properly cleaned (street dirt was still there after 3 days) etc etc. In all honesty, when I told all of the above at check-out I got a 10% discount. Did not really change the stay, but at least a gesture I appreciated. But again, if they cannot guarantee a room at the back, avoid!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Badhof_Team, Assistant to General Manager at Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to write down your personal impressions and reviewing our hotel. We are always looking forward to receiving feedback and suggestions, as only you can help us to steadily improve our services and satisfy your desires and needs.

We are terribly sorry, that you could not enjoy your stay as expected.
The room you booked is a standard room, mostly to the street side.
We can also offer a superior room. These rooms are situated to the park - just tell us at reservation next time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that caused to you because of our basement garage.
We have passed on your suggestions to our reception team and would like to apologize sincerely for the fact that you might not experience a, to our high operation standards, service and will take this to the occasion to prefer our next regular employee's training.

Many thanks again for posting your personal impressions. We hope, hat you will give us a second chance and assure yourself about the ongoing improvements.

Your Badhof Team
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had read some of the negative comments concerning this hotel and honestly was a bit apprehensive on my way there and again while checking-in. However, I discovered the property to be quite delightful, the food good as well as reasonably priced and the service from the entire staff to be superb. Internet service was free and speedy with the only annoyance being a constant need to re-enter id and password as the process would "time-out". The pool and spa area were fun and the entire stay from Thurs-Sun was comfortable and enjoyable. Yes, I would certainly return to the area and stay at this hotel again. The "older" building reminded me of a stately hotel in the US South and the guests were appropriately gentile! Very pleasurable and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the older portion of the hotel and it was fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Badhof_Team, Marketing Assistant at Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay on here. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Your Badhof-Team

Been to Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, Baden-Baden? Share your experiences!