I stayed in the Abarin Hotel Baden Baden on 26/07/14 and did not enjoy the experience at all.
After the marvellous service, friendly staff and excellent food which we had enjoyed in all the Austrian parts of our stay, I was very disappointed.
I booked this as the last night of our holiday and decided on a 4 star hotel as a fitting end to our week away - let me tell you, that this is not a 4 Star Hotel in our eyes. I will list all the problems.
1) Initial Impression. Despite ringing the hotel that afternoon to advise that we would be late due to bad traffic (when they acknowledged that we did have a booking), when we arrived, the place was practically deserted. Only one member of staff was there and he couldn't find our booking. Instead of looking after us, he marched off with a phone and left us standing in reception for about 15 minutes before he gave us a key. No word of apology or explanation.
2) Room & Decor. The hotel is very run down and shabby. I have taken pictures of the torn wallpaper in our room, the scribbling on the wall in my son's room, and water damage on the balcony and all round the exterior of the property. I can produce these as evidence. Our room also smelt strongly of cigarette smoke and left me with a bad throat.
3) Evening Food. Despite boasting a restaurant with an extensive menu on the Booking.com website, this was not at all in evidence. We were told that pizzas were available and that we should walk to the breakfast room. We were left completely alone for over 15 minutes with no staff in sight. In the end we gave up, got back in the car (not welcome since we'd been driving for 6 hours already) and ate in the town. Remember that this was a saturday night - why was there no restaurant?
4) Breakfast - easily the worst breakfast of the week. The tables were laid late despite breakfast starting at 7am. We had to ask for butter which came straight from the freezer and was impossible to spread. Once the breakfast meats/cheese/milk and orange juice ran out they were not replenished.
5) More Administration Problems - when I paid the bill I told the Receptionist that we had not enjoyed our stay. She didn't even ask me why as she was too busy trying to find us on the hotel booking system as our name was not against our room number of 105. First she tried to give me someone else's bill and then located my name against a different room number. Surely this is a Health and Safety infringement? If there had been a fire or other emergency, the hotel would not have know who was in each room.
Booking.com are being extremely helpful and providing a refund despite the hotel not answering any calls/emails. They are pursuing the matter directly with the hotel now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern house, clear architecture, black forest style - In the Black Forest area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Abarin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abarin Hotel Baden