“Charming hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Der Kleine Prinz

You added Hotel Der Kleine Prinz to your Saves list
Hotel Der Kleine Prinz
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lichtentaler Strasse 36, 76530 Baden-Baden, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
“Charming hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything is decorated according to the Little Prince of Saint Exupery. Our suite was spacious and stylish. The staff was friendly. The hotel is perfectly located, just a few minutes walk from both the city center and the promenade alongside the Oos.
Areas of improvement: smell from the kitchen through the ventilation and quite expensive for a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DKP-BB, Manager at Hotel Der Kleine Prinz, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and your time to write on your impressions of you stay. Your information is very important to us as they help us to improve our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We booked two rooms for three nights in late July, early August 2012, during my family's heritage visit to the Black Forest. The hotel is charming and in a nice location just a few minutes walk from central Baden Baden. The staff were cordial, professional, and friendly in their own way. No complaints here.

Baden Baden was very nice, a mix of French-German cultures, and has a very laid back vibe (we were expecting affluent snooty and were pleasantly surprised; everyone was very nice). The rooms we received were quite spacious and comfortable, each with a sizable water closet, a sofa, armoire, and end tables. The hotel offers a small lift, but often we took the slightly creaking (charmingly so), winding staircase to enjoy the aesthetic of the the hotel. Cute paintings based on the Little Prince book hang on the walls, which my young daughter enjoyed very much. The included breakfast was perfect, a typical European spread, breads, jams, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, coffee, tea, etc. I believe the also offered eggs cooked to order. Valet parking was at a nearby sister property (a half-block away) which we often just walked to when we needed the vehicle.

We did quite a bit away from Baden Baden, and in retrospect, wish we had stayed a night longer to enjoy more of the city. That said, the hotel is a perfect hopping off point for touring the Black Forest (for us, the Bad Teinach area to be specific). We also enjoyed a day across the border in Strasbourg, France, an easy 45-minute drive each way. I also took my daughter to the Baden Castle ruins while the others shopped, and virtually had the place to ourselves. Amazing views, great ruins to explore, just a 10-minute drive from the hotel! This was memory to last a lifetime and a highlight of the entire trip!

The price is very good for what you get. The location is great, a quiet street mere minutes walking from the restaurants, spas and casino of downtown Baden Baden. If we return, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Hotel der Kleine Prinz again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your approval as well as your positive review. We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we would be glad to welcome you again in Baden-Baden!
Rouen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This charming, a little pricey hotel is very well located close to the bustling centre of Baden-Baden. The romantic-era rooms are charming and clean. The staff is most polite and helpful. Do not hesitate asking for around the town tips and restaurant reservations — they have it all worked out like the best luxury hotels.

The restaurant is on par with the rest of the hotel charm. The breakfast is copious, and should you try it for dinner (reservation may be required), it is a real feast.

The parking is not on the premises, so you either ask a receptionist to bring your vehicle to the hotel entrance, or walk a block to the parking lot. Neither option was ever a problem.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we would be glad to welcome you again in Baden-Baden!
Prince George, B.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

First of I must express some disappointment with this hotel. We were quoted a rate of 185 euros a night 48 hours before arrival and were specific about our room. Upon arrival the clerk said the rate would be 220.00 euros a night for a one week booking, that's even higher than their web advertisement. Finally we were able to talk to the manager and the rate was reduced to the original quote, Or we thought. The manager stated breakfast was included in the price. OH no not when the bill arrived, so another discussion occured. However we did not get a change to our bill. Not very impressive, we feel like we were taken and very disappointed.
The room was nice, requiring maintenance ( heat did not work, properly) faucets were loose, and lights fell from the wall by the bed.
Service was always prompt, the rooms clean and breakfast acceptable. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend, there are many close buy as nice and more affordable.
I never like surprises to my bill, no matter how good the hotel is, that's one unforgivable error.
I do not like leaving a bad comment to a very nice hotel with great service, but in this case management left me no choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We wish to apologize for your general disappointment. We are deeply disappointed and disheartened to hear about this.
Regarding your invoice, breakfast always has to be mentioned separately due to a different VAT percentage - even when we guarantee a rate incuding breakfast. On your invoice you will see Logis + breakfast = room rate.

Again, thank you very much for your comments and please accept our sincere apologies.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed there for the first time last year and want to return again and again. Excellent, highly well-trained and polite staff. Very good restaurant downstairs, magnificent rooms, which didn't look any bit old for me. Could easily be compared to the best 5 star luxury hotels in the world. Thank you to all the staff and I am impatient to here from you "Welcome home" (that's the way the guys here greet their guests:))

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is extremely charming. We stayed in the penthouse suite at the top of the hotel and the views were incredible. The room itself was so beautiful my daughter announced upon entering the room that she was never leaving! It was huge! The Petit Prince theme is very classy throughout the hotel. Breakfast was ok. The weird thing was all our servers and reception staff were male. Where are the women??? Baden-Baden is a cute little town as well. Lots of nice shops and restaurants. We will definitely be back here.

Room Tip: The penthouse suite was incredible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I only stayed at this lovely hotel for one night, but wished I could have stayed longer! The staff were wonderful! Right from the check-in I knew I would enjoy my stay. The doorman took my bags up the small flight of stairs to reception and then as part of the check in process showed me a couple of rooms I could choose from. I was a little early so I was grateful they were able to check me in at all! I ended up choosing a room on the 4th floor with a nice view. They provided information on the town and the spas, provided the wifi password for the room, told me about afternoon tea in the hotel and times for breakfast and off I went to explore the town. I ended up having dinner in the hotel as well - the lobster bisque was fantastic and my steak cooked to my liking. The dining service was faultless and the baileys in my hot chocolate at the end of the evening capped off a wonderful day. The breakfast the following morning was to my expectations and the afternoon tea was simple and easy. If I was being picky there would be only two things to raise 1) stepping into the shower/bath was a little difficult as it's positioned a tad high for someone of average height and 2) I had the windows opened during the night and when the wind picked up the door to the room rattled really loudly. Quite distracting and even unsettling. But both minor in the scheme of things. It's a lovely hotel, elegant, stylish and with wonderful service.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Der Kleine Prinz? Share your experiences!